Tommy Lee

In my opinion, Tommy Lee is an excellent drummer and displays great showmanship...Tommy's drumming talent speaks for itself...He is a legend of his time...There is no "great" band without a powerful drummer....Heres to you!

I think Tommy is a great rock drummer,I like drummers who look like there having a good time and if you look at the "looks that kill" video the cymbal stands are rocking like a boat in a storm,he's a rock drummer after all.there something cool about a drummer with a 32" bass drum.Rock-On Tommy.

Bonzolead

tommy lee is a great performer and a great drummer. he plays for the crowd and is always a true showman. and in the hey day of 80's style heavy metal, he was the king of the kit. when most bands have the drum solo in thier show come up. its a cue for everyone to go to the bathroom. when the crue has thier drum solo its a well orchestrated production as well as a drum solo, so he captures the attention of everyone in the stadium, not just the 500 drummers. that my friends is marketing strategy at its best. ROCK ON TOMMY
RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT

scarlit said:
I thought I was the only one on this forum who was a Tommy fan. Serously, as far as rock drummers go, I think he's one of the best. Check out the Crue's live album, there's some cool playing on it.

finley another crue fan.im a tommy fan too

Tommy Lee is a fine drummer. He has also influenced a lot of drummers including myself. I do not hold him in the highest esteem but I am glad I bought the "Shout" album when I was a kid. He made me want to play the drums. That is good enough for me!

Hi,
maybe you want to check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEiCRtPwAs

I think this shows that T-Bone is a really good drummer.

Regards,
Mayhem

While creative, ......very creative.....it's just not that great. I'm not a TL basher, but, it's not that big of a deal. He's got some fast feet and some cool licks, but ......

...and don't go off saying "you could do better???" and all that crap, I'm just saying I don't think that video is a big deal "drumming wise" ......

man... for me tommy lee is the best drummer of the world... cause he have style!!! he's the guy! for me he's the best!

Hi,
who has already listened to the Rockstar Supernova record?
I think Tommy's drumming is really great on that record.
What do you guys think?

Regards
Mayhem

Hi,
What do you guys think?

Regards
Mayhem

I haven't heard it yet..

As for Tommy, I enjoyed his stuff when he played with Motley Crue. He may not be the most technical drummer, but he definitely rocks in my book. I saw Crue in the 80's, and Tommy had the drum kit fly over the audience. I can still remember him rocking out to Frankenstein during his solo. Tommy is to Motley Crue what David Lee Roth is to Van Halen.

Hi,
maybe you want to check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEiCRtPwAs

I think this shows that T-Bone is a really good drummer.

Regards,
Mayhem

Ever watch a video or movie that makes you feel embarassed? Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with you?

This is one of those videos. I don't find much appeal in watching a man in a thong on a floating drumset swearing at a crowd of people and talking like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Ever watch a video or movie that makes you feel embarassed? Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with you?

This is one of those videos. I don't find much appeal in watching a man in a thong on a floating drumset swearing at a crowd of people and talking like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Exactly my sentiments to be honest...

Wow...look..it's a guy....twirling a stick. Hardly creative and boring....great drummer? I disagree, more of a show boat, but then again, show boating is supposed to be entertaining.

That ekit sounds terrible, and so do those cymbals, they wernt real where they, i didnt stick around long enough to find out.

I actually stopped watching that video and minimized the window and forgot about it for about 1/2 an hour and then brought it back up and decided to see wut was goin on in the middle of the video and he plays a bunch of zeppelin songs while twirling a stick. still not that great tho. Just plays to the songs

dont judge a drummer by a "drum" solo is my motto.. watch the "new" dvd with motley crue and you will see a drummer who really plays the songs they play very good. much better, because he is more "into" it, than certain other drummers.

Hi,
What do you guys think?

Regards
Mayhem

Its Great, i really dig his playing on this...i need to make up 20 letters or somthing.

I think Tommy Lee is a great rock drummer/performer. He has tons of energy behind the kit and a great entertainment factor. Very solid rock drummer as far as I'm concerned. I gotta laugh when Virgil and Weckl wannabe's that sit around practicing 14 hours a day run there mouths about how rock guys like Tommy and Barker "s u c k". Been through that phase in my drumming life and soo glad i'm out of it. Tommy is a damn good rock drummer and no drum nerd playing 15 hours a day in their basement is gonna convince me otherwise :)

That was great.

He nailed it like everything else I hear from him.

So solid it is scary!

Back