Drummer looking for some help!

uplxjaded

Hello everyone! I am in need of some assistance. I bought my first drumkit back in Feburary on Craigslist. It's a 5 piece Tama Rockstar in Wine Red and while I love playing this kit I think it's time for me to upgrade.

Now, I've already done the tedious part and chose the drumset that I want which is the Sonor Force 3007. It seems that is about the best drumset for my budget and skill leve and it meets my specifications I want in a new set (sweet finishes, and it's maple!) and it has a pretty good reputation.

My problem I need help with is trying to buy the kit somewhere. Online or anything. I can't find a site that sells them and I don't know of ANY local drum shop in my area (DFW,TX) that sells Sonor.

If anyone can help me out or maybe direct me to somewhere I can at least price it so I can get an idea of what the setup I want will cost will be great!

By the way, the orange sparkle fade with black hardware is mesmerizing!!!!

Check Ebay. I got my 6 pc Sonor 3007s from Dales Drum Shop to my door for $735.
And yes, they are freakin fantastic for the money.
Good luck.

Not a bad price at all. I'd really like a 7 piece but a 6 piece with the extra rack tom would be goal. Hopefully I can maybe find one in a finish that I like. Wish I could find a store front around me that sold them so I could play them and check em' out. Amazing looking drums though.

Have you checked out Lone Star Percussion?

Nah I haven't. I checked there site a long time ago when I was looking for cymbals. They don't sell Sonor though.

I see your from Norman, OK. You ever been to Norman music? They are an Authorized Sonor dealer. Is that place pretty decent music shop?

Is a 3007 really much of an upgrade over a rockstar? I understand the desire to buy a new kit, but will you just be looking to upgrade again in a year?

Is a 3007 really much of an upgrade over a rockstar? I understand the desire to buy a new kit, but will you just be looking to upgrade again in a year?

I had a Sonor Force 3007 and I think it's an upgrade to the Rockstar. However, my impression of it was actually more musical instrument than just another drumset. Everytime I purchased a high end kit, I noticed that the weight was slightly increasing (I've owned DW, Yamaha RC's, early Tama Superstars, Gretsch, Slingerlands, Rogers, Ludwigs...). So when I got this Sonor, knowing it's one of their intermediate kits, I was blown away by the sound produced. And they weren't stupid heavy as some drums can be. It was like playing a nice $1000 acoustic guitar. It can handle the pounding and project a great tone, but it felt light and singing. I thought if these drums sound this good, what would it be like to play the SQ2's or any of their other top flight lines? But alas, I stayed with a Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit in the end, and although that kits sings great too, that Sonor 3007 had this something...

I didn't know that they sold drums on amazon.com. I work at amazon.com. I work in the warehouse.

Amazon doesn't stock the musical instruments themselves. They act as a clearinghouse for other music stores, such as Sam Ash and Music123. But You can look on Amazon.com under "electronics", there it is, "musical instruments" (not just drums, either).

It wouldn't surprise me if I'd be looking at upgrading again in a year! Lol. But that's just because I'm eager to try out more things and really get a feel on drumming.

Drumming is real subjective to each person because all of our ears are different.

Hell, earlier this year I scored some mint condition LNIB Zildjian A Custom's and I'm looking for a new set of cymbals for this kit right now, haha.

They sound great but I want to see what else is out there.

Besides, 9-ply 100% maple > 6-ply Basswood shells.

I need to stop clicking this thread... It always makes my GAS kick in and I start pricing 3007's (i have a 5pc Rockstar too). I wish I could go back in time about 8 months to when I bought my drums, I woulda done things slightly differently.

Nah I haven't. I checked there site a long time ago when I was looking for cymbals. They don't sell Sonor though.

I see your from Norman, OK. You ever been to Norman music? They are an Authorized Sonor dealer. Is that place pretty decent music shop?

Yes, it is. It's been in business since the late 60's. It is mostly pianos, guitars and drums with some band instruments. Good drum department. Drum guy there is very knowledgeable. His name is James Wyrick. Phone is 405/321-8300. Don't tell him you know me or he'll add 20% to your bill. lol

Back