DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Ian Williams's Avatar
Ian Williams Ian Williams is offline
Rebel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,184
Default Can you tell, who is playing?

Beginning with:
We could always tell if it was Ian Paice, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Bill Ward, Carmine Appice, Buddy Rich. All these men had their unique good bits and their bad bits, but they were their bits...no doubt about it.

What about the guys playing now? Can you tell, who is playing? Are they grace or feeling notes?

Thanks & Regards,
__________________
Another day, Another challenge...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2008, 02:01 AM
jonescrusher's Avatar
jonescrusher jonescrusher is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,207
Default Re: Can you tell, who is playing?

Of course. You'll only be able to recognise a drummer by ear if you're familiar with the music they play.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 AM
The Keith Moon's Avatar
The Keith Moon The Keith Moon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 96
Default Re: Can you tell, who is playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilliams View Post
Beginning with:
We could always tell if it was Ian Paice, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Bill Ward, Carmine Appice, Buddy Rich. All these men had their unique good bits and their bad bits, but they were their bits...no doubt about it.

What about the guys playing now? Can you tell, who is playing? Are they grace or feeling notes?

Thanks & Regards,
Bad bits? Can u please post an example?.. just curious.
thanks
__________________

For a brief moment it seemed that rock n roll would inherit the earth!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2008, 01:34 AM
That Guy's Avatar
That Guy That Guy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,655
Default Re: Can you tell, who is playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
Of course. You'll only be able to recognise a drummer by ear if you're familiar with the music they play.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keith Moon View Post
Bad bits? Can u please post an example?.. just curious.
thanks
I think alot of it is the way people hear things. What might be considered a flub to one persons ears might appear as perfection to anothers based on taste, skill and familiarity with the individuals playing. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com