DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 AM

Default Drumeo - any opinions?

A friend recommended Drumeo to me. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Drumeo - any opinions?

I started 5 months ago and i will say that without drumeo i would have quit in weeks and ended up just another kit on craigslist.. I am never bored doing lessons and its there 24/7. In my time there so far i am very happy with my progress. The other thing is the community are awesome people and supportive in every way they can.

I have seen it get dumped on by some people in different forums but i have no idea why.. either they have never tried it or just don't need it and people always have to dump on something :) Personally i love it..
Old 02-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
I have seen it get dumped on by some people in different forums but i have no idea why.. either they have never tried it or just don't need it and people always have to dump on something :) Personally i love it..
I think it has a lot to do with the ways that some of the main guys behind Drumeo promoted the site, especially in the early days. It often came across as almost purely spam posting across every drum related forum and web site on the web.

They seem to have cleaned up their act a bit since the last time I saw them discussed here, and it also looks like they are attracting some big names to produce lessons and workshops. I don't have any experience with them directly though, so I can't comment on the actual quality of the lessons there.

For other online teachers, I would also check out Mike Johnston. Based on pure reputation, he seems to be doing just about everything right and also seems to be an exceptionally nice guy on top of it all.

All in all, it doesn't cost much to try out a few different online resources for a month or two, and then you can stick with the one you feel helps you the most.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Ah.. i had no idea about that being so new.. was all the youtube videos that got me there..

BTW to the OP... there is a 30 day free trial.. try it.. nothing to lose :) hope to see you in chat during some daily live lessons :)
Old 02-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member

This is Jared Falk's baby. I didn't care for his approach to his early business ventures and i remain a non-fan. Business must be good. He has developed a decent site with some good instructors, including fellow forum member Pat Petrillo.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:30 PM

I cannot recommend then highly enough. Since sitting down to my kit with their packages on my ipad my playing has gone through the stratosphere.

For the results I've gotten, I'd have gladly parted with significantly more cash than its cost me to date.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Silver Member

I watch some of their free stuff on Youtube. It is helpful. I would consider paying money for Drumeo or Mike Johnston or some other reputable drum instructors online but I simply don't have the free time to get my money's worth.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I watch some of their free stuff on Youtube. It is helpful. I would consider paying money for Drumeo or Mike Johnston or some other reputable drum instructors online but I simply don't have the free time to get my money's worth.

understandable... thats one nice thing, i usually run through a lesson or 2 at like 10 pm and play til 2-3.. great to have the stuff there anytime
Old 02-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Jared F, Jai Es, Mike Johnston...

At the end of the day, if they get people to practice and improve, then they've done their job. I give Drumeo a lot of credit for the "How to make a cheap kit sound good" episode. More lessons should be given on 9ply poplar and B8's. I can understand why people do and don't subscribe to their lessons.