DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 949
Default Irish?

I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
cheers!
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,413
Default Re: Irish?

One of my grandmothers was Irish. She wasn't a drummer though.

Last edited by aydee; 03-18-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 AM
CaptainSticks's Avatar
CaptainSticks CaptainSticks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Solvang, Ca
Posts: 108
Default Re: Irish?

I'm mostly Irish and a Drummer :)
__________________
Proud Gretsch Owner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 949
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
One of my grandmothers was Irish. She wasn't a drummer though.
everyone seems to be a bit irish!....i was generally talking about people living in ireland.....cork city really!
i cant seem to find any jazz musicians!
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Breadmonkey Breadmonkey is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 161
Default Re: Irish?

What's the craic? I've seen a few Irish on here alright, can't remember seeing anyone from Cork though (I'm in Dublin myself).

You a rugby fan? If so what a great day to be Irish. Grand Slam, first time in 61 years...O'Gara you cheeky bugger. We got seriously lucky with Jones missing that kick. And yes, credit where it's due, you Munster boys gave us the beef where we needed it. Great performance all tournament.

Anyway! I'm afraid i don't know of any jazzers down in Cork (I only know of metal players and they don't strike me as your cup of tea)

Check out the forum on www.drummingireland.com there's some sound lads on there who should be able to sort you out with some contacts. If you're looking for other musicians to play some Jazz with, contact Conor Guilfoyle on drumming ireland (he's a regular poster so it shouldn't be hard)

best of luck, man
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 949
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadmonkey View Post
What's the craic? I've seen a few Irish on here alright, can't remember seeing anyone from Cork though (I'm in Dublin myself).

You a rugby fan? If so what a great day to be Irish. Grand Slam, first time in 61 years...O'Gara you cheeky bugger. We got seriously lucky with Jones missing that kick. And yes, credit where it's due, you Munster boys gave us the beef where we needed it. Great performance all tournament.

Anyway! I'm afraid i don't know of any jazzers down in Cork (I only know of metal players and they don't strike me as your cup of tea)

Check out the forum on www.drummingireland.com there's some sound lads on there who should be able to sort you out with some contacts. If you're looking for other musicians to play some Jazz with, contact Conor Guilfoyle on drumming ireland (he's a regular poster so it shouldn't be hard)

best of luck, man
hey,
thanks for the links.....ya...nail bittin stuff towards the end though!....see bernie dunne?
......hes back with a bang!!!!
anyway...i'll talk to ya later, cheers
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
IneptDrummer IneptDrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 95
Default Re: Irish?

I live near Chicago in the US, but I'm about 95% Irish (the other 5% is Scottish). I'm giving serious consideration to immigrating to Ireland for a while in the next year or two though, provided my girlfriend can get into a good school there for business accounting.

This may be a little off topic, but I read up on it a bit, and I guess I would have to reside there on a work visa or something like that for 7 years to get citizenship though. : ( My tentative plan right now is only to stay for a couple of years, but I may decide to live there permanently. Does anyone know if you can have dual-citizenship in Ireland? Because I'd hate to move there and then have trouble coming back to see my family. Or if I decided to move back to the US after ten years or so.
__________________
Custom Maple DDrum 4 piece (Tangerine Glass)

www.myspace.com/ineptband
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
baz's Avatar
baz baz is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 976
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosphorus View Post
I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
cheers!
...you forgot Canada.

My Mother comes from Ireland. So does my Fathers people.

My Mother is not a drummer either, but I have seen her smack my oldest brother with a hockey stick. Does that make her a bodhran player?

Barry
__________________
...if you can't keep it civil, at least make it funny.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Breadmonkey Breadmonkey is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 161
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneptDrummer View Post
I live near Chicago in the US, but I'm about 95% Irish (the other 5% is Scottish). I'm giving serious consideration to immigrating to Ireland for a while in the next year or two though, provided my girlfriend can get into a good school there for business accounting.

This may be a little off topic, but I read up on it a bit, and I guess I would have to reside there on a work visa or something like that for 7 years to get citizenship though. : ( My tentative plan right now is only to stay for a couple of years, but I may decide to live there permanently. Does anyone know if you can have dual-citizenship in Ireland? Because I'd hate to move there and then have trouble coming back to see my family. Or if I decided to move back to the US after ten years or so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_nationality_law

God knows why you'd want to, man. Rainy, cold and with an absolutely awful music scene. But we do have the best milk and Guiness in the world, hands down. If you like either of those A LOT then by all means come on over!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 AM
rolander rolander is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dublin Ireland
Posts: 40
Default Re: Irish?

i'm a westport man myself.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
PBW's Avatar
PBW PBW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 98
Default Re: Irish?

If you were born in America then you are not actually Irish, despite the the birthplace of your parents. You are American. What about your grandparents? and their grandparents? and theirs? how far do you go back when trying to pick and choose your own nationality? 200 years? 2,000 years? 20,000 years? You can trace everyone on the planet back to Africa if you try hard enough.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM
kristen's Avatar
kristen kristen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 69
Default Re: Irish?

I know somebody on the Pearl Drummers Forum that lives in Dublin... his username is Sparkie if you want to look him up
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 949
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
...you forgot Canada.

My Mother comes from Ireland. So does my Fathers people.

My Mother is not a drummer either, but I have seen her smack my oldest brother with a hockey stick. Does that make her a bodhran player?

Barry
haha,depends on what angle it was at!


and thanks for the offer Kristen, but there would be no point as he is in Dublin....

and yes..Ireland does have TERRIBLE weather!!!!....raining today actually...
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Ian Williams's Avatar
Ian Williams Ian Williams is offline
Rebel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,184
Default Re: Irish?

I know a lady that lives in Kildare, loves music and hangs around with musicians.
__________________
Another day, Another challenge...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 AM
jonescrusher's Avatar
jonescrusher jonescrusher is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,207
Default Re: Irish?

I saw some people who were Irish on the TV once.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
PBW's Avatar
PBW PBW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 98
Default Re: Irish?

Yoga in India vs. Yoga in Ireland

My wife (who is Irish) just sent me these so I thought I would share....
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
drum.lad's Avatar
drum.lad drum.lad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Limerick ireland
Posts: 291
Default Re: Irish?

im irish im in limerick not to far from cork if me memory serves me right irish drummers are a rare thing arent we.
__________________
WE'VE DONE FOUR ALREADY BUT NOW WERE STEADY AND THEN THEY WENT 1 2 3 4
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-25-2009, 06:13 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,413
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBW View Post
Yoga in India vs. Yoga in Ireland

My wife (who is Irish) just sent me these so I thought I would share....
Awesome!! Would you believe I have ancestors from both photographs......hilarious!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 949
Default Re: Irish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBW View Post
Yoga in India vs. Yoga in Ireland

My wife (who is Irish) just sent me these so I thought I would share....
thats the typical irish stereotype!!!!
....we do seem to be few and far between.....but not just that, there is'nt alot of drummers who want to find others really!
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Breadmonkey Breadmonkey is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 161
Default Re: Irish?

Maynooth has a good stock of great metal drummers e.g Lango from Red enemy www.myspace.com/redenemymetal and representin for Dublin is Confey from Hero in Error (launching their E.P on Fri) - www.myspace.com/heroinerrordublin. Funnily enough the two will be playing Fibbers' on Friday night if anyone's in the Big Smoke and likes what they hear!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM
JoeyRamone's Avatar
JoeyRamone JoeyRamone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: Irish?

Hey I'm from Athlone...livin in Dublin tho!!!
Drumming with DeLorean and theScrubbers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com