Kenney Jones: A Small Faces Reunion in 2015

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
[SKF NOTE: The Small Faces (aka, The Faces) are one of the great rock bands. I especially loved the looseness, the spirit when I was a high school listener. Infectious.]

All or Nothing
Rock & roll's MVP keyboardist, Ian McLagan, was first and foremost an Austinite for the last 20 years of his life
BY TIM STEGALL, FRI., MARCH 20, 2015

STH10KENNEYJONES1_382510k.jpg

As Ultimate Classic Rock points out, [Kenney] Jones discussed a potential Faces reunion during a chat about McLagan with The Austin Chronicle. "Rod (Stewart), (Ron Wood) Woody, and me are still going to do the Faces this year. It's more important now than ever," said Jones.

Full Story

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals

I liked every memebr of the band. Unfortunaelty, you can't really re-unite this band with Marriott gone, then Lane gone, and now McLagan too.

I never got into The Faces, but I liked Kenny's stuff with The Who. Very different from Moon of course. I liked that he put his own stamp on it rather than try to approach the songs like Moon.

I never got into The Faces, but I liked Kenny's stuff with The Who. Very different from Moon of course. I liked that he put his own stamp on it rather than try to approach the songs like Moon.

Agreed. He realized he couldn't be Moon, and so he didn't try.

Kenny was a big influence in my very young years.

Back