DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Linthat22 Linthat22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Hey guys, I bought my daughter a used Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Nouveau for Christmas and I'm finding after cleaning and polishing this thing up, there's some missing parts.

I'm new to the drum world (I'm a guitar player) and I'm trying to learn fast the name of parts and stuff I need. First and foremost it appears the kit that I bought, the dude was essentially robbing peter to pay paul with the plastic lugs and I need to find suitable replacement parts.

I did a google search, I've used the search feature here and I'm still drawing blanks. I guess I'm wondering if I can buy just any ole lug as a replacement or are there measurement issues and whatnot that I'll run into. Any advice would be very appreciative!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2018, 09:09 PM
whiteknightx's Avatar
whiteknightx whiteknightx is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 569
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

you need the same kind of plastic lugs, and I believe they are discontinued, so you'll have to watch ebay for some. Or else you have to replace the lugs with something else. Might be cheaper to find an orphan tom and strip it.
__________________
Ayotte Drumsmith 6 pc, Sabian HHX Evolution cymbals
Yamaha DTX950K
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Linthat22 Linthat22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknightx View Post
you need the same kind of plastic lugs, and I believe they are discontinued, so you'll have to watch ebay for some. Or else you have to replace the lugs with something else. Might be cheaper to find an orphan tom and strip it.
Thank you so much for the reply. Is it safe to assume that if I'm going to replace the lug altogether, I'll need to make sure I find one with a single screw that goes through the shell and make sure the screw size is correct?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2018, 10:16 PM
force3005's Avatar
force3005 force3005 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 559
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Hello and welcome to DW Linthhat22. Take a look at this site: http://parts-search.yamaha.co.jp/htm...LISH/index.php
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Linthat22 Linthat22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by force3005 View Post
Hello and welcome to DW Linthhat22. Take a look at this site: http://parts-search.yamaha.co.jp/htm...LISH/index.php
Thank you so much for the link! I'm guessing I'm out of luck on the plastic piece, so the next best thing; I'm thinking so far; is to contact Yamaha and see what they recommend.

I'll report back in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation.

Thank you again.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2018, 01:57 AM
lefty2's Avatar
lefty2 lefty2 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: I live in near Wichita, Kansas U.S.A
Posts: 2,243
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

I see a lot of parts on Reverb also.
__________________
Tama SC performer 2003 5pc.
Yamaha PTC 1988 5pc.
Zildjian A, K
Sabian AA,AAX,HH,
Paiste Sig.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-16-2018, 08:24 PM
MusiQmaN's Avatar
MusiQmaN MusiQmaN is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,597
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Here you can find the exact items you need.

https://parts-search.yamaha.co.jp/ht...sc=005_075_005

You would need U0037140 for bd & toms.

The downside of this, there is an order stop. So unless stores or the warehouses have it in stock, there is no way you can get them through Yamaha, yet there are some online stores and sellers on eBay and Reverb that do still sell these.

Another option would be to upgrade these to the metal ones, which are not prone to breaking like the original composite ones.

Then you would need the following items:
U0031130 for bd
U0031140 for toms

These can still be ordered.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-17-2018, 02:53 AM
wildbill's Avatar
wildbill wildbill is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest - USA
Posts: 6,813
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

You can also look for a single 'orphan' drum that has those types of lugs.
Ebay, reverb, craigslist, or musicgoround would be typical starting points.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Cymbalise Cymbalise is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 215
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linthat22 View Post
Hey guys, I bought my daughter a used Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Nouveau for Christmas and I'm finding after cleaning and polishing this thing up, there's some missing parts.

I'm new to the drum world (I'm a guitar player) and I'm trying to learn fast the name of parts and stuff I need. First and foremost it appears the kit that I bought, the dude was essentially robbing peter to pay paul with the plastic lugs and I need to find suitable replacement parts.

I did a google search, I've used the search feature here and I'm still drawing blanks. I guess I'm wondering if I can buy just any ole lug as a replacement or are there measurement issues and whatnot that I'll run into. Any advice would be very appreciative!
Hi there

Whereabouts are you located? I have about 100 spares of these following a drastic upgrade I conducted on my stage custom kit this year. I'd be happy to help with your predicament unless postage becomes prohibitive.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Linthat22 Linthat22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiQmaN View Post
Here you can find the exact items you need.

https://parts-search.yamaha.co.jp/ht...sc=005_075_005

You would need U0037140 for bd & toms.

The downside of this, there is an order stop. So unless stores or the warehouses have it in stock, there is no way you can get them through Yamaha, yet there are some online stores and sellers on eBay and Reverb that do still sell these.

Another option would be to upgrade these to the metal ones, which are not prone to breaking like the original composite ones.

Then you would need the following items:
U0031130 for bd
U0031140 for toms

These can still be ordered.
Awesome! Thank you so much for for the metal replacement parts! I might have to replace all the plastic ones with those.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Linthat22 Linthat22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbalise View Post
Hi there

Whereabouts are you located? I have about 100 spares of these following a drastic upgrade I conducted on my stage custom kit this year. I'd be happy to help with your predicament unless postage becomes prohibitive.
Dude, that'd be awesome and I'd be willing to pay. Like you mentioned, I'll be upgrading her kit in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Cymbalise Cymbalise is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 215
Default Re: Yamaha Nouveau Lug Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linthat22 View Post
Dude, that'd be awesome and I'd be willing to pay. Like you mentioned, I'll be upgrading her kit in the future.
Message me and we'll see what can be done.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com