John Bonham

Re: John Bonham sound clips....never before heard by most people

Oh i see i burned a copy too but i had a nother one cant find it now

Where can I find "In thro' the Outtakes"?

Right click on the item and then click "save target as". This will let you save in, say, My Music (or anywhere else you like). When it's saved go to My Music(or wherever) and left click and it should open using your default media player.

Man, do those drums and cymbals sound soooo geooooowd!
The drummer ain't that bad of a singer either.

Cracks me up the way he yells and moans through some of em...LOL.. He used primarily paiste's right?

ya hes always used paistes...2002's and giants beats and even one 602 some time or another

602's were really good cymbals your lucky to get yourself one of those...

A lot of drummers write him off as someone who just played loud with no musical quality to his drumming. Look beyond the massive tripletts and listen to the little things that he did and that is what is awesome about his playing. The work between the hi-hat, snare, and bass drum is incredible, such a great groove. The man understood dynamics and light and shade. He had great chops and added so much to the music but never overplayed. Not a techincal wizard by todays standards but he played from the heart. I feel that is why we are still talking about him today. He played a style that everyone can feel and understand. Most of the technical drummers out there today I can listen to for about five minutes and then I want to move on to something else. But Bonham I keep coming back to and never get tired of listening to him.

very nicely said pcmckay. after reading his brothers book, i have now come to love him as person, he was always a family man first, and cared for his fans. His death was tragedy and am saddened to think of the great things he could have done. Think about instructional DVD's featuring John Bonham, the king of Rock. . . . . .mind-blowing! There are way to many secrets to his drumming, not one expert could ever pick him apart.

Bonham is the best, the greatest, top cheese, drumming God etc. no two ways about it after reading his brother book on him "thunder of drums" and i cant think any other way other then him being the absolute best. Theres no two ways about it i wont argue it because i know that he is the Greatest.

Re: Favorite Bonzo Track EVER?

Four Sticks is awesome, Poor Tom is really cool, and so is Custard Pie. Good Times Bad Times.. hell they're all aewsome!

Rock And Roll ...never get tired of that big splashy hat.

Ozone Baby ...from Coda. Dig it when he explodes with that thing he does!

Dancing Days ...my other favorite ever!

Actually, I like every track, and every note that Bonham played.

Fool in the rain, Bring it on home, When the leeve breaks and of corse Moby dick are my favorites. I can't choose between them.

Fool In The Rain, The Ocean, and Levee Breaks.......
Lately I have to say all of them, I going through about my 30th Bonzo infactuation cycle. Just finished the book "A Thunder of Drums" and have only been listening to Zepplin for about 2 weeks now. Picking a favorite is kinda hard for me.

Back