Fiberskyn bass reso head?

PeniScott

Silver Member
There are no doubt other threads of this topic but i went through a few threads and couldn't get a resolute answer to what i want to know.

Basically, i'm soon getting my kit refinished. White stain with clear gloss lacquer. I like this very much, and like it even more with a Fiberskyn-lookin' reso head.

Now, i can't figure out there is an actual 'Remo Fiberskyn Resonant head' or if i have to just get a Fiberskyn batter head and put it on the front.

To be honest, from what others have said before, i think i'll prefer the sound of the heavier, darker batter-side Fiberskyn simply for the slight naturally dampening the thicker head offers as well as ease of tuning. Just slap it on nice and loose for a nice phat thwack, apparently.

Cheers
xoxo

Now, i can't figure out there is an actual 'Remo Fiberskyn Resonant head' or if i have to just get a Fiberskyn batter head and put it on the front.

Here's your FS options: http://www.remo.com/portal/products/3/8/52/ds_fiberskyn_3.html
I just grabbed a FS PS3 and slapped it on the front. I don't think they distinguish between batter and reso. As per their site, they have a FS amb, diplomat and PS3.....use 'em wherever you want.

To be honest, from what others have said before, i think i'll prefer the sound of the heavier, darker batter-side Fiberskyn simply for the slight naturally dampening the thicker head offers as well as ease of tuning. Just slap it on nice and loose for a nice phat thwack, apparently.

I'm confused here. I thought you wanted this for a reso?

Remo doesn't make a Fiberskyn specifically for use as a resonant head, but with Diplomat, Ambassador, Emperor, and Powerstroke 3 options they've got all the bases covered anyway.

I'm about to get a Powerstroke 3 Fiberskyn for the front of my new bass drum. I Love the Fiberskyn look, and I love the sound of Powerstroke heads on the front.

Sorry, i wasn't making myself clear. With the comment you quoted, i'm still contemplating over putting a Fiberskyn batter head on the reso side.

xoxo

Cool.

I like the sound of it mate. I have an unported Fiberskyn PS3 as one of my reso's. I've been happy with my decision to slap one on there, if that helps.

Now, i can't figure out there is an actual 'Remo Fiberskyn Resonant head?
No, Remo lets you decide if you want to use the head as a batter, or reso.
i'm still contemplating over putting a Fiberskyn batter head on the reso side.

You're still refering to the Fiberskyn head as a batter head ... it is simply a drum head. I have a Fiberskyn 2 medium mounted reso., on my 26x16 Luddy kick, and it sounds wonderful.

I use the fybers on my vintage Gretsch... they work an absolute treat.

From this point, then, it's just down to which one i prefer the look of.

Seems to me that the thickness and overall contribution to sound from the Fiberskyn is one that appeals. But for me, in all honesty, i just love the look of it. I have a thing for white shells with gold hardware. I also have a thing for white shells with a fiberskyn reso. Looks like a winning combination for me!

I might put a sneaky little Gretsch logo on there, add some gold stripes on the shells and wing it as a 'Limited Gretsch USA Custom' ;)

Back