Best Acoustic Treatment for Drum Room

jjpenn

Does anyone have some recommendations for sound absorption in a drum room? I have 10'x11' room. It's a new house with spray foam insulation on exterior walls and in the attic.

I've ordered Roxul stone wool insulation to make 2'x4' bass traps (making 24 panels total). I'll put all of these in the necessary reflection points. Since there is also a window, I was thinking of building a frame to insert in the window with the stone wool.

I also was planning on ordering a few Producer's Choice Acoustic Blankets to cover all four walls.

I know this isn't going to make the room soundproof, but I'd just like to be able to play without bothering the neighbors.

Any other recommendations/criticisms? Thanks

The room treatments you described will make the room sound better inside but will do little in the way of soundproofing.

Your best bet is adding extra layers of sheetrock with green glue. Google it, it's is a great soundproofing product. My drum room has 3 layers of additional drywall with 3 tubes of green glue per each 4 x 8 panel of drywall.

Does that give you pretty good sound reduction Jeff?

Definitely, I can play at night in a quiet neighborhood and no issues. I also have a soundproof window installed over the existing one and a floating drum riser that decouples the kit from the floor from Auralex. (The foam strips that you attach to your own Plywood or MDF)

Warning: this cab get expensive.

Back