Roland mesh snare head

Guz2

How durable is the Roland mesh snare head? Has anyone eer broken one?

They're as durable (if not more) than a common mylar head...but of course if you lay into them w/ bad technique, they're going to get damaged like any other head as well.

I had an e-kit w/ one and my Roland practice pad has one...it's endured many, many hours of playing and looks brand new.

I have been playing these for around 5 years. and the heads are still fine.

TD20.jpg

thats an awesome kit!

I'd say really the only way to bust one of these heads would be to stab them with a knife. Mesh doesn't dent like the plastic we use on regular heads. Though, if you are a thrasher, I'd be wary of spending money on an e-kit at all, those roland pads can be pricey...

I've had the pintech version, which basically the same material, for years and years

They last much, much longer than a regular drum head. I've never broken a mesh head, or even had a reason to replace one, and I'm a guy who used to break sticks, heads and cymbals left and right.

Fantastic looking Roland 6 pc. kit you have there. I'm thinking of buying an E-kit. What do estimate yours is worth ?

In case you don't get a quick answer Jeremy, I'd say that particular TD-20 is probably somewhere between 6-7,000 with all the add ons. here's another way to go if you know your way around a soldering iron...

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9042765

I'm thinking of building myself one really nice dual zone snare and sticking with the PD-8's that came with my TD3 kit... Jeez, its almost like talking in science fiction language huh?

Back