Recommend me a cymbal stand, guys

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I've finally decided that my china would work better if it was on a stand...instead of in my cymbal bag. It's a big old heavy 20" Z custom...so I'm after something sturdy but inexpensive. What do you reckon?

Does Craigslist exist in the UK? I don't have any stands in the area of my kit I'm going to put it, so I think it'll have to be a new stand (to put this in perspective, this will take my total number of cymbal stands to three!) Plus, it is really really heavy.

Pearl 900 Straight or combo stand.

Solid, adjustable, just heavy enough.

You can always find something on Craigslist thwart will work. I would also suggest you consider mounting it to an existing stand with an extended, Dog Bone, etc. I thinks it is best to have fewer stands and to pile as much on them as possible.
I second the cymbal stacker Idea. I use a DW one that allows me to mount it on the existing threaded top of my existing stand and then I can adjust the china up and back of the other cymbal, any direction I can dream up. The less feet on the floor the better. :)

I really like the Yamaha CS750: single-barced so that it is not too heavy, but it is heavy duty enough to handle much. Peace and goodwill.

I use a Gibraltar boom arm attatchment for my china. Clamp it on a cymbal stand. Sturdy and doesnt take up a lot of space.

I've finally decided that my china would work better if it was on a stand...instead of in my cymbal bag. It's a big old heavy 20" Z custom...so I'm after something sturdy but inexpensive. What do you reckon?

This...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drum...80bs-double-braced-boom-stand/491657000000000

They also sell Two for $59!

Heaviest, sturdiest and biggest Stands I own, you can Kick them and they still won't move. They’re built to last and Believe me, I tried them all and these are SICK!

They will definitely be survivors through the Apocalypse. lol

Last edited:
This...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drum...80bs-double-braced-boom-stand/491657000000000

They also sell Two for $59!

Heaviest, sturdiest and biggest Stands I own, you can Kick them and they still won't move. They’re built to last and Believe me, I tried them all and these are SICK!

They will definitely be survivors through the Apocalypse. lol

Yes but ordering those in the UK?

Ben, I saw a Tama Roadpro on the Kent Gumtree the other day. Straight for 30 quid and boom for 45. Have a look on there!

Back