Tommy Igoe

FYI, Tommy Igoe is doing a clinic at Drum World in Tulsa, Ok sometime in October. Date is not set yet. Though it is over 100 miles away, from what I have read here I can't wait to see it.

Can anyone give me any feedback about Tommy Igoe's Great Hands for a Lifetime DVD in terms of a true beginner?

I'm not a beginner, however, I found 'Great hands for a lifetime' a very good DVD, I'm only 1/4 of a way though actually working with it but I've watched it all and it's really getting my hands working.

Like Swiss Matthias mentioned, he does ramp up the tempo quickly, however he does state that if you can't keep up then stop, work on it and come back. It's not a DVD that you'd work though start to finish in a day or a week.

Re: Tommy Igoe-Best in the World

No. I'm the best drummer in the world.

No, I'm Spartacus!

...What was the question again?!

I just bought his DVD today, so if nothing else, I'm helping him become the richest.

I wouldn't call him "the best in the world" either (actually I wouldn't call anyone that).. but anyway, c'mon!!! The guy is awesome!!! Show some support you guys!

He's an excellent drummer, has very good taste and above all things he's definitely one of the best "dvd teachers" I know.

I say long live Mr. Igoe!

Last edited:

No such thing as the "best drummer".

He is the best "Tommy Igoe", however.

So having good technique suddenly makes someone the greatest?

There is no "best drummer in the world". After all, it's not a contest.

Back