For the first time, I formed a band.

T

The Old Hyde

Hey all, Like most local musicians I know a lot of people who play, sing, etc. Recently on FB a girl I know posted some pics of her and her brother at an open mic night. I know neither of them are in a band so I got the idea to give them a call and see about forming a band. I really dont need to be in another band, I just know these two are super talented. I contacted a local high school prodigy for bass and another friend I jammed with years ago to play rhythm guitar. we rented a practice studio and named a few song to try. Holy crap did it go well!! She has amazing pipes! We did Adele, Alannis Morrisett, No Doubt, Pink, Journey, Foo Fighters, tom petty and stevie nicks duet and ozzy and lita duet ( her brother sings great as well. So far this is working out well, its kind of cool in a way that her vocal range opens up all of these songs that I normally wouldn't play. They laughed at me when I told them I never heard the Adele song. Anyway, that's my story and Im stick to it!

Nice to hear, The Old Hyde! Things are bound to get even better when you start gigging, I'm really envious, having no band to play with!

Thanks Reggae, Jasper, yeah playing things like Journey is fun, its just hard to find a singer who can handle it. Its kind of refreshing playing new stuff as well, Im in a classic rock band which I love but this is a nice change.

That's great news! I scour the jams in this area for talent, too. So far I haven't been as lucky as you - the really talented people I meet are usually already committed to other projects.

Nicely done!

Sounds great! I would love to get a female singer for our band (nope, this girl can barely carry a tune in a bucket) for the very reason you said...it would open a whole new world of possiblitlies.

Sounds like quite a bit of 80's material going on there. Now if you only had some rototoms....

Nice work! A lot of fun to be had there, I reckon.

Our co-opted guitarist said he had the best time playing with us on Sunday evening, precisely because we do different stuff, with an entirely different slant, from what he usually does. I think he and you are brilliant for being able to play different stuff, just like that.

They laughed at me when I told them I never heard the Adele song.

HAH! I know the Adele song, I know the Adele song!! *Cough* I don't know any of the others :/

Back