Can anyone ID this drummer please?

Raggedyman

Hi all,if there was a thread for "Unknown drummers" I couldn't find it.

I'm trying to ID the pic included here,it's from the "Midland Beat" music newspaper which showcased bands and artistes from the midlands of England in the 60's.

Any help and a positive proof ID would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• gigs004.jpg
    gigs004.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 307
I can't tell but is there any way of identifying brands of gear he's using? I know endorsements then are not what they are today but perhaps he may of been one?? Just trying to think......

Anon La Ply,I looked further into The Talismen and couldn't find any resemblance to the drummer in my first post.

http://www.thetalismen.co.uk/gallery.php

I've also put the pic into Google image search, and without going through every band listed I've had a look through the brumbeat site too.

Thanks for all of your replies,I appreciate you taking the time.

So it seems the search continues.

Raggedy, I just looked at that link in your last post and I thought I saw our man in the lifting weights shot (3 across, 3 down).

I don't say it with confidence, though, since it's a profile shot and most pics are head on or 3/4 view, but what we're looking for is a guy without much of a chin ... just not sure about the eyebrows, whether the man in the profile shot has a monobrow or if it's a trick of light and perspective.

Raggedy, I just looked at that link in your last post and I thought I saw our man in the lifting weights shot (3 across, 3 down).

I don't say it with confidence, though, since it's a profile shot and most pics are head on or 3/4 view, but what we're looking for is a guy without much of a chin ... just not sure about the eyebrows, whether the man in the profile shot has a monobrow or if it's a trick of light and perspective.
Hi Anon La Ply,I just checked that weightlifting pic and I'm not too confident that any of The Talismen are the drummer in my pic.I do see what you mean about the mono-brow (or lack of?) being hard to decipher because of the grainy newspaper picture,which also makes it tough to ID the drum equipment kindly suggested by dmacc too.

Onwards we go.

Back