"Last minute" gig- this is funny

Concrete Pete

Hey Crew,

I was in Chico tonight for band practice with my band The Long Road this evening, and my cell phone rang about 8:30 P.M.(Two hours into practice)
I normally turn my phone off before practice, so as not to disturb the jam. Well, I answered it and lo and behold- it was my old band L.C. (we parted ways in January) damn near begging me to do a last-minute fill-in for the band tonight in Chico, since their "newest drummer" couldn't make it. (They've been thru 13 drummers since I left)

I said "Sure, but I can't do it for less than $100, and I'll need someone to pack my stuff and help me set it up". (heh heh!) Done deal. We played 2-1/2 hours, all went well (except for the few EX-band members giving me nervous looks all night) and we shut down at 11:00.

Got my $100 cash after the 1st set (as requested) and another $12.00 from the tip jar at the end of the gig. Found out the gig only paid $150.00, so I made a HELLUVA lot more money than the rest of the band, just to get the gig done. Ho-hum....
Just goes to show you that people are really funny when it comes to band stuff.

Oh, and I got 4 free beers, and made them load my gear in my truck after the gig, too!

Rock on,
C. P.

Amazing how people treat you when they really need you.

Yeah, that's awesome. I'm too nice and probably would have split some of the money.

Back