Survived my 2nd brain surgery on Aug 28.

Old Drummer

I bought my first new Pearl drum set in 24 years just a couple weeks or so ago and have been enjoying rocking the hell out with it ever since. I can still play but of course after 24 years I'm pretty damn rusty. Now having brain surgery just days ago, it's going to be a while until I can even play again. I got some recovery time I need to get through. I believe I can still play decent after this brain surgery. Although I honestly haven't even tried to finger tap to a song yet

Hey man, wishing you a speedy recovery! I hope you are able to play again soon!

Wow, sounds like quite an experience. And this is your second brain surgery? If you don't mind sharing, what exactly did you have done?

Good luck with your recovery. Hope you are back up and playing again soon!

Jason

Wishing you a great recovery from SoCal as well! Don't worry about playing great - just play! The fact that you still can speaks volumes!

Back in 12' at just 44 years old I got a very rare lung cancer. That, without me even knowing, turned into a brain tumor. May 5th, 2012 I nearly died when I passed out in my shower from massive brain swelling caused my the tumor that had moved to my brain from my lung. One neurosurgeon came into to my room during recovery to look at my chart. I was sitting up watching tv. He said forger the lung cancer, and forget the tumor. Just the level of brain swelling the tumor caused kills 98 to 99% of people who have brain swelling to that level. You should not even be alive to be speaking to me like you are. Do you realize how lucky you are? He was dead serious. All I could think of to say was I know, crazy right lol. I'm now a 3 plus year Survivor and now a second brain surgery from it to remove a second brain tumor that came up a year ago. I lost 1/2 my right lung to the cancer as well. But I'm still alive to play another day

Wow, sounds like quite an experience. And this is your second brain surgery? If you don't mind sharing, what exactly did you have done?

Good luck with your recovery. Hope you are back up and playing again soon!

Jason

Rock on, brother. I wish you a speedy recovery and lots more playing.

Wow, kind of puts things into perspective. Thanks for sharing and I'm wishing you a fast and full recovery. Prayers your way. Keep on drumming.

Holy crap. This I can't ever imagine. You're obviously not done here. Godspeed man.

I'm moved by your situation and story. It certainly puts the UTI I had last week, which I thought was bad, into perspective.

Keep on keeping on!

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I'm certainly trying to do my best to survive this. Its a hell of a lot of head pain but I take my meds and cope with it. Recoving at my brothers for a couple weeks. This 2nd surgery incision was about 4 to 5 inches. Actually have a length raffle on my main off road site I frequent for it lol. First surgery was a 10" incision from ear to ear across the top of my head. I had my brain surgeon get a picture of this crainiotomy. I have a picture of my brain. Lol

Congrats, Good Luck and Godspeed, Brother. Don't just be a cancer survivor, be a cancer CONQUEROR. You've done this before and know that most of the healing and winning is in your head - maybe a bit less now, but I know you can do it.

I'm an 8-Year prostate cancer conqueror. The healing from surgery was much faster than the healing from 80 Gy of radiation.

Good luck to you and keep playing!

Thank you for sharing your story. As someone said earlier, it puts things in perspective. Wishing for you a speedy recovery.

Back