Must See for All Drummers!

ghill88

INSANE COVER-Click to watch

Jon Hill covers "Ticks and Leeches" by Tool at 16 years of age.

Jon is adamant on getting his performance as close to perfect as he is capable, and what your watching was his third take. That doesn't sound like much, but when a song is this demanding and lasts for over 8 minutes it tends to lead towards excessive perspiration...and minute frustration. He may have had some difficulty walking after the final take was complete, but he is thrilled to have this one under his belt of accomplishments.

All of Jon's videos are performed front to back. While some may require multiple takes, the final product captures continuous play, beginning to end, with no editing tricks.

So this is you talking in the third person? You will get better response if you are straight up saying this is you. We're very friendly here. Just be honest and you will get honesty right back. Nice cover. Covers don't carry a whole lot of weight around here though, but thanks for posting and welcome Jon.

Nope.

This is Greg, his older brother shamelessly promoting his talents.

I appreciate the welcome and am glad you enjoyed the video. I understand covers don't fully show a drummers "personality" but I feel people ought to see what he is capable of. There are a handful of videos on our channel that are entirely his playing. It'd be nice to see what you, as well as others, think of them.

Sorry for the confusion,

-Greg Hill

Back