DW Performance Series Ebony Stain Lacquer in Pics

areFish

Silver Member
New DW Performance Series 6 pc. drum kit delivered today. North American Rock Maple shell sizes:

√ 18x22 kick
√ 6.5x14 snare
√ 8x10 rack tom
√ 9x12 rack tom
√ 12x14 floor tom
√ 14x16 floor tom

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

Beautiful, absolutely incredible. They really hit a home run with these performance kits; I love mine.

Did you install the 3P butt plate on the snare? Or did that come factory, because when my snare came, it didn't have the 3P on it. I ended up getting the store to keep it as a floor model, but they still have it, and I'm seriously tempted to go back and get it.

Thank you for the comments guys! I'm glad DW decided to do this. It really is a great kit. Ciz, I know you already know that!

That I do ;) The kit's breathtaking isn't it? I tell ya, whenever I hear someone else on mine, it still takes my breath away, and the kick makes my heart stop, and I just get in a good mood. ESPECIALLY since I got my new snare :))) I have no regrets whatsoever about purchasing my DWPS kit ;)

Beautiful, absolutely incredible. They really hit a home run with these performance kits; I love mine.

Did you install the 3P butt plate on the snare? Or did that come factory, because when my snare came, it didn't have the 3P on it. I ended up getting the store to keep it as a floor model, but they still have it, and I'm seriously tempted to go back and get it.
Thanks KB! I installed the 3P myself.

That I do ;) The kit's breathtaking isn't it? I tell ya, whenever I hear someone else on mine, it still takes my breath away, and the kick makes my heart stop, and I just get in a good mood. ESPECIALLY since I got my new snare :))) I have no regrets whatsoever about purchasing my DWPS kit ;)
I should let someone play mine so I can hear it.....naaawww! :)

What a beauty ! The finish looks great ! Congrats :) Cymbal specs?
It must have been the DW kit thread starter day yesterday ;-)
Thank you DB. Yea, see what you started!

20" Meinl Byzance Dark Raw Bell Ride
18" Paiste 2oo2 crash
16" Paiste 2oo2 crash
14" Paiste 2oo2 crash / 10" Paiste 2oo2 splash stacked
13" Meinl Byzance Dark hi hats
18" Meinl Byzance Dark Crash (on the way)

I should let someone play mine so I can hear it.....naaawww! :)

LOL trust me I'm picky on who I let on my kit, but my brothers learning, so I'll give him something to work on while I go admire the kit :) I could just about sit there all day and listen to them ;)

Thank you DB. Yea, see what you started!

20" Meinl Byzance Dark Raw Bell Ride
18" Paiste 2oo2 crash
16" Paiste 2oo2 crash
14" Paiste 2oo2 crash / 10" Paiste 2oo2 splash stacked
13" Meinl Byzance Dark hi hats
18" Meinl Byzance Dark Crash (on the way)

Ooops.... my bad ;-)

About that stack you have (14" crash + 10" splash) how does it sound? It looks like it's positioned where you main crash should be, do you use it as your main crash ?

Ooops.... my bad ;-)

About that stack you have (14" crash + 10" splash) how does it sound? It looks like it's positioned where you main crash should be, do you use it as your main crash ?
Great observation. My old configuration had the crash cymbals close together out front and I had the stack in the middle. I thought I would try to keep the stack in the middle like my old set-up. I didn't like it there and swapped it with my 16" since the pics were taken.

The stack has a trashy sound with a short sustain.

Can we get a video?

Love the drums! And the cymbals too! big Meinl fan here(all meinls) but of course, I love the new 2002's as well

VIDEO !!!

:0 Grats!

Can we get a video?

Love the drums! And the cymbals too! big Meinl fan here(all meinls) but of course, I love the new 2002's as well

VIDEO !!!

:0 Grats!
Hi K0T! Looks like we have the same taste in cymbals. I've done videos before but I'm always disappointed in the recording quality of the 10¢ mic in my camera. I don't have drum mics or even a nice Zoom. My camera can't do these drums justice.

Wow, that's one beautiful, solid, top quality kit. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

I know you waited a long time for it to arrive!!! The waiting is over now, I can only imagine your joy!!! :) Enjoy it man, congrats!!!

Cheers!!

Wow, that's one beautiful, solid, top quality kit. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

I know you waited a long time for it to arrive!!! The waiting is over now, I can only imagine your joy!!! :) Enjoy it man, congrats!!!

Cheers!!
Hey thanks for the feedback. I really am floored by the sound of this kit.

Looks just as gorgeous here as over at that other place. Enjoy!

Back