Tama Bass Drum Muffle

drummingman

Gold Member
Does anyone here use the Tama bass drum muffle? If so does it just sit in the bass drum or does it velcro to the bass drum using some kind of adheasive?

I've never had a chance to mess with one of these so I need to find out some info about it because I'm thinking about buying one.

i don't need to muffle... i just tune properly

Yeah, that's what I thought up until my last studio experience. The Engineer had me take my reso off completely and did some crazy stuff and covered my kick with a blanket! I thought he was trippin' without his luggage....nope. He'd been doing this dual mic thing for 30+ years and I was blown away at the results.

Does anyone here use the Tama bass drum muffle? If so does it just sit in the bass drum or does it velcro to the bass drum using some kind of adheasive?

I've never had a chance to mess with one of these so I need to find out some info about it because I'm thinking about buying one.

I have not tried the Tama bass muffle thing-a-ma-jig...thinngggy... Been happy with the original EMAD that I've had no reason to try anything else. Maybe in the future if the music calls for a different sound, I'll change but not for now.

Back