heel down problem

hey
i recently started to work on my heel down technique and i have a problem
with every stroke my foot glides forward, what can i do?

Are you sitting in the same place you do when you're doing heel up? I find I need to sit a little further back when doing heel down.

Does your footpedal have a toe stop?
I don't like the feel of them, but maybe they will help you.
I would just be more aware. Once you identify a problem, the solution to that problem usually makes itself apparent. Do you wear shoes? That could be contributing. Play in socks with velcro on them and your footpedal. Just kidding, but it would work.
I can't play in any kind of shoe, socks all the way for me. I think it's your shoes to be honest.

My feet started moving all over my Cobra's pedals when switched from playing in socks to sneeckers. But I moved my thorne back away a little and kind of practiced the positioning of my toes on the correct place of each pedal. It's a bit weird, because playing in socks gives you that direct raw feeling of where your toeas are, but the sneeckers don't at the starting point. But after a while (in my case about 3 days of plaing about an hour a day) things will fall into place ;)

Good luck with figuring out the correct solution for your problems, m8!

Lower your seat. Your knees aren't bent enough if you're sliding forward. Also make sure you have traction on your footplate, it make be that it's just a slick, highly polished surface or that the soles of your shoes are worn flat and sliding.

Back