need a job

cooldrummer95

i am 15 and in the need for money to support my habit is looking for a job. what kinds of places would hire a 15 year old.....and i'm not turning 16 any time soon......

Plenty of options. When I was in my teens I did a heap of things to earn coin.

Some of them include: Jobs in supermarkets packing shelves and maintaining stock, after school and on weekends. I worked at the football selling programs and when I finished up for the day, I doubled as a car parking attendant. During school holidays I'd tee up work with trades people doing labouring jobs etc. I worked as a delivery boy for a local chemist on a push bike. I mowed lawns or did general odd jobs for "little old ladies" in the local area.

There's a heap of ways to earn if you're industrious enough mate.

To earn money for my first drum set I worked in Nathans in Coney Island, selling french fries, hot dogs and other fast food. I had a paper route, that I did not do very well. I delivered and picked up laundry. I worked in a super market as well, stocking shelves and pulling out pallets from the trucks. I also worked in local stores that needed help. I would take a snow shovel out whenever it snowed and knocked on doors asking people if they wanted their walk-ways cleaned.

If you want to make some money you could also knock on doors to do yard work, such as leaf and shrub removal. I am sure labor would be appreciated by many of your neighbors. Offer to do some painting. Yes times are tough, but there is always a way to make money for those that work hard.

Last edited:
I'm 18 and jobless, but that something anyone of any age can do is as long as you have a little bit of money is buying and selling. I have had 5 drum sets in the past month, i buy them, off craigslist for cheap at a good bargain, clean em up and give em a little maintenance and sell them for the profit. I don't do it too much anymore, it was more of just a phase, but i did make a pretty penny doing it. Just don't go too crazy and end up with things that you won't make any profit off of.

Good Luck!

Back