Should I accept the deal?

So, I know the owner of this store and he said he could sell me a trixon cocktail kit for $250 instead of the $300+. Should I take the deal? I am def, considering it. Although it has to be white, so should I spray-paint it?
Cymbals, and more info in that link!
http://www.jimlaabsmusic.com/drums-...-cocktail-drum-kit-black-or-white/prod_6.html

All help is appreciated.

It says that yu can either get it in black or white, and if you think it's a good deal then gO for it, it's your decision.

On a side-note you got to stop making all theses threads, you're going to drive us all crazy. I don mind if it's all in one or two threads, but 10 is a little much.

It says that yu can either get it in black or white, and if you think it's a good deal then gO for it, it's your decision.

On a side-note you got to stop making all theses threads, you're going to drive us all crazy. I don mind if it's all in one or two threads, but 10 is a little much.
This is my last one sorry ;P But he said I could only get a white one since they are "less demand". Anyways, would taking everything off the drum be hard to spraypaint

On a side-note you got to stop making all theses threads, you're going to drive us all crazy.

You raise an interesting point, no doubt.

The upside to forums = there is a wealth of information out there and and answer to just about any question you could conceive is a mouse click away.

The downside = It can negate much of the trail and error that is beneficial to the whole learning experience.

Sure it's great to seek advice and ask for ideas or opinions. It eliminates a lot of indecision, provides some clarity and using the experience of others is certainly wise in many cases.... ......However, much of what makes us, is what WE experience along the way. Don't ever be afraid to branch out and try for yourself.

Sure, ask away, but make sure you've got a fair idea what YOU like as you're doing it. At the end of the day, it's your kit, your decision, your journey. You need to know your own mind as much as tapping into the ideas of others. I think it's great that you're asking questions....but by the sheer number of "Should I?" threads, I think it's advisable to say, don't be afraid to think for yourself either mate.

You raise an interesting point, no doubt.

The upside to forums = there is a wealth of information out there and and answer to just about any question you could conceive is a mouse click away.

The downside = It can negate much of the trail and error that is beneficial to the whole learning experience.

Sure it's great to seek advice and ask for ideas or opinions. It eliminates a lot of indecision, provides some clarity and using the experience of others is certainly wise in many cases.... ......However, much of what makes us, is what WE experience along the way. Don't ever be afraid to branch out and try for yourself.

Sure, ask away, but make sure you've got a fair idea what YOU like as you're doing it. At the end of the day, it's your kit, your decision, your journey. You need to know your own mind as much as tapping into the ideas of others. I think it's great that you're asking questions....but by the sheer number of "Should I?" threads, I think it's advisable to say, don't be afraid to think for yourself either mate.
Alright, I was just wondering if it was a good deal. I know this is off topic, but do you think Black Hardware with White shells would be better or Black Hardware and Black shells?

but do you think Black Hardware with White shells would be better or Black Hardware and Black shells?

I prefer chrome hardware to be honest.....doubt I'd ever consider black hardware unless it came stock on a kit that I really wanted. In which case my decision would be made on the kit itself rather than the hardware colour.

So, what do YOU like best? Black and white drum shells are pretty timeless, in that neither one seems to go out of fashion. Both kits are the same save for the colour, so this is purely an asthetic choice.......which one stands out? Which one would make you happiest to play?

I will assume that those drums have a wrap on them for that price. Most paint that you put on them is going to flake off at the slightest scrape or bump. I found a paint made by Krylon called Fusion which is formulated for plastics. It's not cheap but will probably hold up better than most others. It needs to be applied in very light coats and many of them. a heavy coat will run and you will have a mess. You need to paint them where the over spray won't be a problem and where there is no wind blowing if you do it out side. If you are patient and take your time you can probably do a decent job. Good luck.

The Krylon plastic paint works great,
I use it to paint drumheads. It doesn't scratch or chip easily.
As grunt said, Several thin coats does it nice.

I posted on one of your cocktail kit threads and I soon realized that you had another thread about cocktail kits.
I think that you could have kept one thread about cocktail kits.
You could have simply asked different questions about cocktail kits in the same thread.

My advice is that you could buy the kit and paint it with no problem.
I would leave the hardware chrome as it comes with the kit.

Last edited:
Back