Retro Drum Pics

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Retro pics taken with Hipstamatic app on iPhone. The kit is Sonor AQ2 with a 14x13 kick drum that I regularly gig with our jazzy blues trio. The snare is a 13x4 Fortune that sounds great for our jazz. The hats are old Zildjian New Beats, ride on left is Meinl Byzance Nuance Ralph Peterson with six rivets, and ride on right is 20” 1650g Xilxo West Coast model (hand-made in Turkey).

Attachments

• Drum1.jpg
    Drum1.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Drum2.jpg
    Drum2.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 467
  • Drum3.jpg
    Drum3.jpg
    970.2 KB · Views: 471
  • Drum4.jpg
    Drum4.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 469
  • Drum5.jpg
    Drum5.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 467
That bass drum is absolutely adorable. I just want to put a little sweater on it.

It's always unmic'd, and I keep asking the guys in trio if they can hear it and they always say yes. My wife was in audience Saturday and I asked her and she said yes it was plenty loud. The arthritis in my right foot is very bad so I'm not playing it very hard. After the last gig I tuned it down a bit, too, and I'm now hearing a lot of bottom in it. It seems to be very versatile. I really like this kit.

That bass drum is absolutely adorable. I just want to put a little sweater on it.

Sweater?!

I have HATS bigger than that bass drum!

;)

Sweater?!

I have HATS bigger than that bass drum!

;)

I was thinking you needed me to explain what a sweater is, assuming you're from the accented side of the ocean. But it says you're a yank, too.

For those who are on the less-trumped-up side of the ocean, it's a "Jumper".

How can anyone not love that kit.

I could happily play any gig on that.

How can anyone not love that kit.

I could happily play any gig on that.

I'm sure that cute little bass drum can pull some hotties too. Like walking a miniature breed dog in the park. Seriously, put a little sweater on that bass drum and they'll be all over it.

I'm sure that cute little bass drum can pull some hotties too. Like walking a miniature breed dog in the park. Seriously, put a little sweater on that bass drum and they'll be all over it.

There's probably a little designer handbag for it as well!

There's probably a little designer handbag for it as well!

I could totally see a monogram Louis Vuitton over the shoulder carrying bag for that drum too.

That kit is pretty dang sweet!

I play on a Breakbeat kit at one rehearsal site, and it's a fun kit to play.
I haven't played a bass drum smaller than a 16 though.

Nice pics also :)

Back