Real life lurkers photographed for the first time!

Andy

Honorary Member
Yes, that's right - they do exist, & here's photographic proof! These guys came to our show stand & introduced themselves as lurkers! Apparently, lurking for a very long time & intently reading all the posts here on this fine forum :) As Larry pointed out a few months ago, there's a whole 'nuther strata out there, so be careful what you put out! ;)

Seriously though, these were really great guys, & it's amazing how much reach this forum actually has.

So here they are - UNMASKED!!! :) :) :)

(just in case you haven't worked it out, I'm the haggard old fart in the middle)

Attachments

• lurkers.jpg
    lurkers.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 453
Hello!

Did you have a good day, Andy?

Hi,
I have officially come out hiding and registered on the forum after years of reading posts on here!
I attended the Jobeky Drum Show in the UK yesterday and was blown away by the Guru kits on display.One of the kits had the most phenomenal bass drum sound that I have ever heard on any kit and was just jaw dropping.Of all the three kits on display I was blown away by the quality, sound and look of each one.Their snare drums are amazing too.
The guys from Guru are really nice, down to earth guys and all I need to do now is start saving!!
I couldn't believe how light the drums were either.
Highly recommended.
It was a great day with some great drum clinics from some of the U.K's finest drummers....Ash Soan, Robert Brian, Karl Brazil and Andy Edwards amongst others.
A great day.
And now I have officially come out of lurking status!! ;)-

I agree Con. Speaking as another lurker(ish) - the bass drum and lightness are features of my Gurus. Snare drum will be arriving soon and really looking forward to it.

Hi guys! And nice to actually see you too Andy :)

Hi,
I have officially come out hiding and registered on the forum after years of reading posts on here!
I attended the Jobeky Drum Show in the UK yesterday and was blown away by the Guru kits on display.One of the kits had the most phenomenal bass drum sound that I have ever heard on any kit and was just jaw dropping.Of all the three kits on display I was blown away by the quality, sound and look of each one.Their snare drums are amazing too.
The guys from Guru are really nice, down to earth guys and all I need to do now is start saving!!
Highly recommended.
It was a great day with some great drum clinics from some of the U.K's finest drummers....Ash Soan, Robert Brian, Karl Brazil and Andy Edwards amongst others.
A great day.
That's one accounted for (welcome to the forum BTW). Could the other guy be the (username) known as "Lurker".....?

They look quite human, don't they? Somehow I visualised lurkers as being dark things, covered in warts...

Hi,
Highly recommended.
A great day.
Great to see you her :) Now you've made the jump, get involved!!

Thanks also for your kind words about our drums. That 20" bass drum owned the exhibition. Even in the noisy periods, it obliterated all the others - even the 24" drums :) TBH though, some of that will be down to tuning, as a lot of drums there were tuned like crap. I'll never understand why manufacturers will show drums that aren't well tuned. I can only assume their own tuning skills are poor, or they don't regard it as important. Maybe Premier had the right idea. They didn't allow anyone to touch their drums - strange :(

Speaking as another lurker(ish)
That's a huge "ish" TBH ;)

nice to actually see you too Andy :)
Yup, that's me, in all my lack of magnificence :) There's other pictures of me peppered through the forum too - quite forgettable :)

Please tell me you were playing the 20x12 bass drum 'trick' on everyone Andy. That was so much fun in London...
Of course Duncan - how could I resist ;)

That's one accounted for (welcome to the forum BTW). Could the other guy be the (username) known as "Lurker".....?
Oh, a mystery. I like mysteries.

They look quite human, don't they? Somehow I visualised lurkers as being dark things, covered in warts...
Hahahaha, good one :)

Back