Backbeater Tempo Monitoring for iOS

Beefy_McGee

Hi everyone, I just wanted to alert you all to a product I've been working on for the last year. It's called the Backbeater (its some hardware and an app for iOS - Android coming) and it's a Tempo Monitoring System with a few other cool features.

The second version of the app JUST went live in iTunes this morning, the link to the app is here.

To use it you need the sensor which clips onto your snare drum. I also have hi-hat mounts for iPhones and iPods (they're hybridized from a couple different clamps)

The new app is not the one shown in the video (need to get on that) and it has a totally different look and feel, and way more features.

I'm having some success with the venture, I've just been invited to show it off at the MTV OMusicAwards in NYC in a couple weeks.

I have big plans for the app, and hope to continually improve on it, and add new features and feedback interfaces.

Cheers,
James Flynn

This is cool, the weak link is the mini jack on the phone tho.

Nice that you can use a phone for such apps, but assuming you're going to use this a lot, hanging cords off a splitter, flying drumsticks, real world stuff, the 1/8" jack is going to get worked over time. Best to employ a right angle cord right away.

Back