I don't have a problem with peoples opinions

PDL

I really don't, in fact I don't really care as long as they aren't phobic based, racist etc. And as for opinions on internet forum well well come on.

But having said that I think I will go back to lurking on here as reading some of the posts recently has taken some gloss off this forum for me and I don't really want to contribute. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Next.

PD, seems to me that you had a problem with some people's opinions.

I once left this forum after an argument. Bloody embarrassing, in hindsight. There are still tons of threads where people quietly share info, observations and links.

I won't be posting nearly as much once I get over what's been a crazy year where I've been pushed out of my comfort zone constantly (currently living amongst the rubble of renovations). But if I post less, it won't be due to problems, it will be because I'm going to reclaim my life next year when the dust has settled.

Part of that will be travelling and visiting people interstate, in the US, UK and Europe who I have "met" here at the forum. If not for them I would have few contacts or friends outside of Sydney. I'm going to be buying my dream kit from a forum friend. And I've learnt more about drumming in a few years at the forum than in the previous 30 years.

I'll always speak in defence of the Drummerworld forum.

Thanks Dunc! Cool. I've met forum friends in the past and it's always been good. People are actually nicer in the flesh.

Are there any big drum shindigs going on in the UK in 2013? I remember seeing pics of you and Andy and Ben etc and thinking how I wish I was there. Same with the US conventions.

It's almost certain I will be at the LDS in 2013, and I look forward to meet Andy, Dean, Alex and any forum members again ...also really hoping to meet you Grea, at the LDS or elsewhere :)

“Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social enviroment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions."

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some.
A man is born, he's a man of means.
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world."

"A person whose house is only open on the west can't see the sun rise at dawn; it's only seen when the sun sets at dusk. If one tries to compare the colour and appearance of the two, one will go on arguing forever...

...The fault lies not with the vision but with the closed windows. If you look out of only one opening till the day you die, you'll ever see anything new."

Back