Any good hi-hat stand ?

bast1981

Hi,

I have the westbury hi-hat stand that came with my drum and it's really cheaply made. I'm a total beginner but when i try to open the hi-hat while playing it'll sometime gets stuck and not open poperly.

I was thinking of finding a ludwig used hi-hat stand even from the 60's on ebay. Are they any good ? Any other recommendations ?

I'm no expert but I've never seen any bad Ludwig hardware.

Find you a good used one!

Hi,

I have the westbury hi-hat stand that came with my drum and it's really cheaply made. I'm a total beginner but when i try to open the hi-hat while playing it'll sometime gets stuck and not open poperly.

I was thinking of finding a ludwig used hi-hat stand even from the 60's on ebay. Are they any good ? Any other recommendations ?

Not sure of your budget, but you can get good solid new high hat stands from Tama, Pearl or Yamaha for less than $100. If your budget is below that, get a used one from any of those companies.

I used a 3 leg Yamaha HS740 for many many years. Like 12-13 years.
About 5-6 years ago I upgraded to the double braced version, the HS850.

Solid as a rock!

I prefer 3 legs vs. 2, as I pound my left foot when not playing on the hats to keep tempo. 2 leg stands always rock back and forth or creep away when doing that. I will say, Tama also makes some really solid stands, but my preference is always the Yamaha ones.

thank you guys will check ebay tomorrow when i get back from work. I was interested in Ludwig because that is what my favorite drummer John Bonham used to play on.

do not buy an inexpensive pearl one.. i have the HH930 (i think, my brain is mush) and have regretted it since day 1.. the spring doesn't feel linear no matter how it's adjusted so when you go to push down it's hard then gets softer the lower it gets.. i got used to it but wouldn't get it again.

I was interested in Ludwig because that is what my favorite drummer John Bonham used to play on.

You might be interested that he used a Rogers Swivo-Matic hi-hat.​

Budget....budget...budget?

Without knowing how much you want or are able to spend it will be very difficult to give you the best advice...

BIG diference between $100 new and $100 used....

Back