Recording Drums???

I recently started videoing my playing and uploading it to youtube, its not terrable quality but it definatly could improve. How much money would A decent camera cost? and should I buy those little speakers I see in other people vids hooked up to the kit? how much are they? also do I need a mix board first or anything? or some sort of edeting program.

Your video quality actually looks decent so I wouldn't worry necessarily about a new camera. You need a way to record decent quality audio and then sync it durring editing. There are lots of options out there, ranging from the incredibly affordable and simple to totally professional and outlandishly expensive. The sky is the limit. If I were you, I'd assess your needs when it comes to audio. Do you want to be able to record with multiple microphones or just a stereo pair? Do you want your recorder to be self contained or computer based? Is mobile recording (recording on the go, regardless of location) something important to you?

If you're going to make the investment in recording gear, even a very simple product like the Zoom H2, you want to make sure it will fit your needs in as many ways as possible (not just for audio to sync with drumming videos).

Your video quality actually looks decent so I wouldn't worry necessarily about a new camera. You need a way to record decent quality audio and then sync it durring editing. There are lots of options out there, ranging from the incredibly affordable and simple to totally professional and outlandishly expensive. The sky is the limit. If I were you, I'd assess your needs when it comes to audio. Do you want to be able to record with multiple microphones or just a stereo pair? Do you want your recorder to be self contained or computer based? Is mobile recording (recording on the go, regardless of location) something important to you?

If you're going to make the investment in recording gear, even a very simple product like the Zoom H2, you want to make sure it will fit your needs in as many ways as possible (not just for audio to sync with drumming videos).

Thanks for the advice man :) Yeah it is fair good quality video so I rekon I will focus on improving the audio. For the time being Im gunna be recording only in my drum studio. I'm really am extremely un-educated when it comes to this saught of thing but Im learning so bear with me here. I'm not sure weatcher I want multiple microphones or a stereo pair. Whatever gives you the best quality sound I guess? I dont really mind about tweaking the sound levels of the drums on the computer because they sound alright how they are (or atleast to a noob like me they do). So I guess ill google around a bit try to find something out from the info you've given me :) thanks bro, apreciate it =D

Back