Slave pedal less spring?

Esoremada

Ive noticed that my left double bass pedal has more resistance to it, especially when it's more angled as opposed to parallel with the main pedal. This makes sense because of all the hinges and things the energy goes through before going to the mallet, but is there anything I can do to improve it? If i pull back both mallets and let go the right one bounces back and fourth for about 8 seconds and the left one stops moving after a second or two. I have the Vex Pro Turing pedal. I've noticed I can do heel toe on my right pedal pretty well but hardly at all on my left.

I've noticed, having just gotten into really practicing db, that the more I practice, the more the gap closes between the two pedal sounds and actions. In other words, it's mostly me that's uneven. So I guess I would recommend testing your bounce back and your heal-toe with your right foot on both pedals. You may find it's the singer, not the song. I sure did.

Well you pretty much got it figured out already. The slave pedal has a lot more things giving it resistance, so it's not going to be as springy. If you've already tried adjusting everything and it still doesn't feel right, you can buy different springs, that will hopefully be better than the original springs. That's just the way double pedals are, drummers don't use two bass drums just because it looks cool.

Back