Happy Birthday Charlie Watts

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Still going strong and rocking at 72 years old, and still married to the same lady
since 1964. WTG Charlie

I hope I am still able to play when I am 72. I dread not being physically able to play the drums one day because I know my mind, heart and soul will always want to play. Anyway, Happy B-Day Charlie!!!

Is it just me or douse Charlie look better now than he did in the 60s-70s? He seems to have weathered better than the other Stones.

Looking good and sounding good...it must be the birthday (it's mine, too). One of us is in good company.....lol

Happy B day Charlie.This guy knows how to pick em'.

The same wife and the same band for how long now?

Steve B

Happy B day Charlie.This guy knows how to pick em'.

That's the thing about Charlie. He seems to be centred and astute. He lost the plot for a while with booze and road fever in the 70s or 80s, around the time he hit Mick, which is maybe just as well or you'd wonder if he was human.

I've wondered how such a quiet, laid back and temperate human being could end up in a band with a bunch of rowdies - and have the rowdies think the world of him, though he was never into the sex and drugs side of the equation?

He's very likeable in interviews - honest and straightforward.

Good on him. He's lived the dream and then he turned it into a life when so many are dealing with (or dealt out by) lifestyle payback. And a strong rock drummer, jazz dabbler, artist and snappy dresser.

Looking good and sounding good...it must be the birthday (it's mine, too). One of us is in good company.....lol

Happy Birthday to you too Mary!!!

Back