Kit for a beginner

Try to be patient. A little sacrifice at worksite then save some money, to buy a better (does not have to be expensive) quality drum-kit with new heads on... Good luck brother!

If funds are a problem just now, save for something that will help you progress. Consider the Ludwig Accent set, or even the club date as something to set your sites on. To inexpensive of a kit will frustrate you, as you have to struggle with learning, and fight your kit at the same time.If you hve no snare, start there and get good on your rudiments. If you have one and want a full kit, save up for better or buy used.

Those kits are just about a notch above a toy drum set..Save up a few more dollars,and buy something of much better quality used.

Steve B

Hey guys and gals.

What are your thoughts on this kit for my first kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-COMPLETE-5-Piece-ADULT-DRUM-SET-CYMBALS-FULL-SIZE-/110700389716

perfect! buy it!

I don't think you need a medium-high end set until your ears learn what's good and bad. Plus if you don't end up wanting to play your good cause you didn't pay a lot for it.

My first set was $299 - it was a CB drum set...terrible awful sounding drums but like I said - you don't need an expensive set - you need to learn how to hold the sticks and work on technique anyway

Back