ASL?

BramVanroy

Because I'm very new to these forums it's nice to know who I'm getting in contact with. Even though the topic title sounds like I'm a pervert, it summaries very well the questions I mean to ask.

Sex:
Male

I have a feeling that most of you are older than I and male and US-located. Quite strange, isn't it? I feel like a continental outlander!

Re: asl?

Because I'm very new to these forums it's nice to know who I'm getting in contact with. Even though the topic title sounds like I'm a pervert, it summaries very well the questions I mean to ask.

Sex:
Male

I have a feeling that most of you are older than I and male and US-located. Quite strange, isn't it? I feel like a continental outlander!
Bram, there's quite a mix here. A fair few European members, & many other areas globally too. There is a big US focus, but I'm guessing that's a forum language thing more than anything else. We do have a few members from Asia, but we're grossly under represented in that fantastic part of the world. A lot of Brits here :)

There's a good number of members here your age & younger, & a growing number of ladies too (always pleasing to see). Most of all, there's a right mix of talents & experience. A lot of pro's hang here, including headline names, right through to those taking their first steps. Overall, a great mix, & absolutely the best forum by a mile (sorry, KM ;)

Bram, there's quite a mix here. A fair few European members, & many other areas globally too. There is a big US focus, but I'm guessing that's a forum language thing more than anything else. We do have a few members from Asia, but we're grossly under represented in that fantastic part of the world. A lot of Brits here :)

There's a good number of members here your age & younger, & a growing number of ladies too (always pleasing to see). Most of all, there's a right mix of talents & experience. A lot of pro's hang here, including headline names, right through to those taking their first steps. Overall, a great mix, & absolutely the best forum by a mile (sorry, KM ;)

Who's KM?:):)

Welcome to the forum.Lots of good people and info here.

Steve B

Haha, well, I can tell I'm much older than you just by the fact I had to Google what the heck asl is. I thought maybe you made a typo while talking about the anterior cruciate ligament. lol

Anyway, pretty good mix here, as the others said.

As for me -

a- dirt

s - as often as possible

l - Idaho

Last edited:

A: 54 and a half

S: M

L: Beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA.

I like eating chocolate while taking long walks on the beach.

Ah, there are? Well ealrier today I noticed Frank's topic, and he's a Dutchman! Even though Americans might think we Belgians only speak French, it's not that easy. My mother tongue is Dutch as well. So it's nice to hear I have that in common with Frank, at least.

What I like about this forum is that you guys (and girls, apologies) refer to each other with your real names! haven't really seen that on a lot forums!

Who's KM?:):)

Welcome to the forum.Lots of good people and info here.

Steve B
Thanks! And I also wonder what or who KM is.

Haha, well, I can tell I'm much older than you just by the fact I had to Google what the heck asl is. I thought maybe you made a typo while talking about the anterior cruciate ligament. lol

Anyway, pretty good mix here, as the others said.

As for me -

a- dirt

s - as often as possible

l - Idaho
Hehe, I'll try not to use those damned abbreviations!

A: 54 and a half

L: Beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA.

I like eating chocolate while taking long walks on the beach.
You should come to Belgium then! Land of chocolate! (And of statues that pee ...)

Ah, there are? Well ealrier today I noticed Frank's topic, and he's a Dutchman! Even though Americans might think we Belgians only speak French, it's not that easy. My mother tongue is Dutch as well. So it's nice to hear I have that in common with Frank, at least.

What I like about this forum is that you guys (and girls, apologies) refer to each other with your real names! haven't really seen that on a lot forums!

Thanks! And I also wonder what or who KM is.
Ah, so you're Flemish speaking? I visit Belgium every now & then. Great people, & the best beer anywhere (I'm not a chocolate guy really). Managed to take some time out in the historical centre of Antwerp recently. Great architecture mix, & one of the most impressive train station buildings I've seen anywhere :)

BTW, KM was Kilometers :)

Female

God's Own Country

Magenta is one of my internet persona names. I have several, one for each of my multiple personalities ;)

Ah, so you're Flemish speaking? I visit Belgium every now & then. Great people, & the best beer anywhere (I'm not a chocolate guy really). Managed to take some time out in the historical centre of Antwerp recently. Great architecture mix, & one of the most impressive train station buildings I've seen anywhere :)

BTW, KM was Kilometers :)
Flemish it is indeed (even though our dialects should not be placed under one heading "Flemish", but it is a good way to distinguish between stereotypical Dutch that is spoken in the Netherlands and Dutch that is spoken in Belgium). Fun fact: even though the Netherlands and Belgium are completely autonomous and seperate countries, we do have a global counsel that governs the Dutch language. They decide what is "correct" in Dutch around the globe.

I love our beer as well! Every other country I have been, the beer tastes ... well, watery. It is not as defined as the beers we have in our country. Something to be proud of! Antwerp indeed has a very nice train station. The (modernistic) train station of Luik-Guillemins (no idea what the name is in English) is worth a visit as well. (Warning: French is the leading language over there!)

When you happen to be in Belgium again, and you like history: visit Bruges, Ghent and possibly Waterloo. But basically ANYWHERE will do. We have a very rich history (not all for the good though).

Oh, and about the people: I hate my people. Selfish, self-centred bastards. Looking at politics you might understand what I mean - or not - for recent tendencies are very anti-social.

Female

God's Own Country
My first guess would have been that you are American, because our stereotypical view of Americans is that they indeed believe America is the chosen country of God. But you are from Wales? Do they believe the same thing? (Poor God, can't decide things for Himself.)

Mid 40's
Male
Canada, eh

There are several Canucks on the forum, but are usually on the quieter side - in stereotypical Canadian fashion. There was one, ahem, notable exception ...

BTW, There are some Aussies around who usually have some great posts (I don't think this was mentioned.)

Cheers,
radman

My first guess would have been that you are American, because our stereotypical view of Americans is that they indeed believe America is the chosen country of God. But you are from Wales? Do they believe the same thing? (Poor God, can't decide things for Himself.)

Americans may believe that, but it's entirely possible to believe something that isn't true. I only live in Wales, in these parts they call people like me "Wenglish". And anyway, God chose Wales before America was even invented!

I think I only met one, you have several? = cool :)

One for each of my principal interests: drumming and horses, and then there's Facebook (as you know). You met the Madge manifestation, of course.

A: Somewhere between 35 and 44
S: If my avatar is any indicator, either male or an ugly shaven female
L: Upper left corner of the continental U.S.

Man not what i was expecting. My mind jumped to american sign language. That would be a fun topic.
A: 20
L: No where uyou would know of

Welcome!

I'm Stix. I'm a 21 year old male. I live in the state of Wisconsin, located in the good ol' USA.

Back