What do you think of my Mapex Kit?

I came here looking for Sticks. A Mapex thread and no Sticks....Maybe someone should check on him to make sure he's alright...

I came here looking for Sticks. A Mapex thread and no Sticks....Maybe someone should check on him to make sure he's alright...
I am here Larry. Don't you fret. :) I am still trying to figure this kit out.

Phew, I was worried. I was just about to call the RCMP to check on you.

17 years young! I wish I had a kit like yours when I was 17! Led Zeppelin still was producing albums then and Rush had just released 2112 when I was your age. Keep drumming!

GJS

Whereabouts Sticks?

If you come to PA, let me know so I can clear out lol.

Seriously Sticks, I am extending an invitation to you if you are passing near Phila (I'm not far) to come to my home to talk drums and stuff, if you can spare an afternoon.

That's why I invited you, I knew you'd decline because you wouldn't be coming anywhere near me! Ha! JK man, it would have been...interesting. I would definitely have done it if you were passing by.

I love how this thread became a conversation haha.

Anyway.

Great kit dude, I saw it in the Mapex thread and did wonder about the workability, but it's one of those Frankensteins that I would be rather happy playing on :p

Fine Mapex kit to my eyes (I'm no drum expert though), looks great fun to play. Seems a bit too large to be really practical, but why not having all that stuff just in case. I was right in my guess that the owner is doing something in the Portnoy vein.

Fine Mapex kit to my eyes (I'm no drum expert though), looks great fun to play. Seems a bit too large to be really practical, but why not having all that stuff just in case. I was right in my guess that the owner is doing something in the Portnoy vein.

I love Mike's drumming. Him and George Kollias are the main influences on this set up.

Just curious, everyone is saying that my set-up is very awkward and different, but to me its the most comfortable i can have it. I am 6ft 3" and everything is within a very comfortable reach.

Can i just get some specific things that you guys think looks wrong or awkward, just so i can look into moving/tilting something etc, to see if it will be more comfortable for me to play.

Cheers guys.

Just curious, everyone is saying that my set-up is very awkward and different, but to me its the most comfortable i can have it. I am 6ft 3" and everything is within a very comfortable reach.

Can i just get some specific things that you guys think looks wrong or awkward, just so i can look into moving/tilting something etc, to see if it will be more comfortable for me to play.

Cheers guys.

Basically the only this that would bother me would be the cymbal arrangement on the right side. I wouldn't have a clear shot trying to get to a couple of them, but that's just me and the angles and perspectives of the photographs could have something to do with this illusion I'm seeing. If everything works well for you from your drumming position, don't pay attention to others trying to re-organise your drums. Just play away and enjoy yourself. You'll readjust if you feel the need.

Dennis

You need to change your heads from those dented things and check out some tuning videos and get rid of the tape.

Nice kit. If it works for you - that's all that matters. Remember that alot of people asked Louie Bellson what he was doing when he introduced an additional bass drum, and look what happened with that ;)

You do your thing - if others have a problem with it, that's not your problem.

Back