Pearl Drum Forum: VIRUS ALARM

Re: pearl drummers forum registration issues

Ha..My bandmates call me Jimger, though thats an absurd stretch. I may be the only guy here to get his first kit at 53!

Cool ya got me beat. I was 39 and had previously only played air drums : )

Cool ya got me beat. I was 39 and had previously only played air drums : )

The guys I play with wonder how I got so "good" so fast. I tell them I been tapping my fingers for 50 years! Actually I am good at faking it. Complete poser really but as long as I mind my P's and Q's the music sounds good and right. No solo's for me though. Who knows, maybe when I'm 60...god..

Last edited:

Perhaps the folks who manage the Pearl Forum should hook up with the folks from DW and find a way to let good standing DW members join their forum without hassle.
Like I stated previously in this thread, I joined a few months ago and I had no problems.

PDF opens and closes registration frequently, on their own crazy schedule.

Did everyone's problems get resolved that I helped direct with the PDF & Al?

Yes thanks very much and I got exactly precicely the information I was looking for. My drums were built in 97-98 and are really a kind of DX reissue. I thought they were the original DX's but the wrap didnt make sence.
Session Series2.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but anyone know what's going on with the malware over at PDF? Google and Chrome are blocking access to the site because of security problems.

I know this is an old thread, but anyone know what's going on with the malware over at PDF? Google and Chrome are blocking access to the site because of security problems.

I kept checking the pearl forum website as well and it wouldn't allow me to even view it.
I even used Safari but yeah the same window popped out, something about malware.

I have the latest in ant-virus protection and that site sets off several bells and whistles with my virus protection in place.

Someboby planted a nasty bugger on it....avoid it if you don't have advanced virus blockage till they clear it up is my advice.

I just got a email message from the Pearl Forum.
They have been hacked and flagged by Google as having malware on the site.
They have fixed the problem and they are working with Google to clarify the malware rating.

They are definitely working on it as I have received a note as did all PDF members announcing they acknowledge the problem and are working on it.

Cool yeah, just got an email a bit earlier this evening. Hope they get things worked out, nothings more annoying than recovering from getting your website hacked.

Back