Drums - Music Room - Artsy Shots

KzSgDrummer

Silver Member
Here's the music room in the basement of my apartment house, complete with Fender Rhodes and tye-dye couch. It's a groovy affair :)

img1921zd0.jpg

img2219nc1.jpg

What the drummer sees:

img2242zw6.jpg

Now under more normal lighting conditions, here's the kit:

img1175xo2.jpg

img1177ry9.jpg

img1180wj1.jpg

^As you can see, I'm a big fan of stacks/piggybacks, as I think of them as chinas more suited to the stuff that I play . Plus, it gives me a reason to use the cracked cymbals I've gotten from friends... I absolutely love cracked cymbals.

Did I mention I'm a junkie for cymbals in general?

img1178wp7.jpg

And since I'm an avid amateur photographer, here's some pics with semi-artistic pretensions :)

img1182kf8.jpg

img1184zv6.jpg

img1190je5.jpg

img1192ru6.jpg

img1194vj9.jpg

Last edited:
Got specs?
Very nice from what I see, I envy your cymbal collection al lot. I Also like the cymbal stacks, I would like to hear what they sound like.

Dude im digging that i wish i had a place to jam like that and im a fan of stacks too, much in part to the mars volta i suppose

Ha! i see you also received the complimentary Emergenza drum head, how did it go for you. Nice room, quite jealous!

Got specs?
Very nice from what I see, I envy your cymbal collection al lot. I Also like the cymbal stacks, I would like to hear what they sound like.

2003 Mapex Saturn Pro, with 10-12-14-16" toms, 20x16" bass drum (I had to special order the whole kit because I didn't want the standard 22x18"), and I've got three or four snares I chose from. Regarding the stacks, I'll get a sound clip up within a week or two.

Very cool practice space and I dig your kit - it has this muscular appearance, from its stance to its color. Does it get hot in there? Ventilation is always a problem in music rooms I've found, especially with a bunch of sweaty dudes in there.

Thanks for the "muscular" compliment.. suffice to say I've never quite heard that before. And you found the room's fatal flaw -- it's in the basement (so no windows) and we stuffed the walls and ceiling full of sound-deadening material (you can't hear anything outside, which means we can play as late as we want), so there is absolutely ZERO ventilation in there. In the summertime we'll have two or three fans going and we're still utterly drenched and smelly. It's essentially a sauna with a bunch of fancy equipment in it, lol.

i see you had "gentlemen hall" on your bass drum. I have a song by a band called Gentlemen Hall on my PC.
Its good, funky jamiroquai number.

Yup, I'm the drummer for that band, and you probably got the song from this thread I posted earlier in the year. If you want to see/hear more of me and my band, we've got a page on this obscure little website called Myspace you can check out: www.myspace.com/gentlemenhall

EDIT: or you can check out this thread I just made of one of our Youtube videos: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=519272#post519272

Last edited:
Back