Tama Starclassic Bubinga

HBCast

It's been 4 years since i started playing , and i'm ready to buy this kit.
i heard the sound of it on youtube and i was really impressed , i also got the chance to play the bubinga snare which is amazing.

anyway , i live in Israel and there aren't any Starclassic bubinga's , and i have to wait like 5 months for the next delivery.

i had the idea of buying the drum kit on ebay or something and get it directly without waiting for so long , so i found this kit - really loved the finish
BUT it's a tama starclassic bubinga ELITE and it was made in japan.

I wanna know the difference between the kits and what difference does it make that it was made in japan.
plus, is it risky to order a kit like that from ebay? it's supposed to be safe. the seller claims the kit is completely new , it was unboxed but it wasn't played on nor set up.

They have a place for seller credibility on eBay. Beyond that I don't know if there is any way to tell if they are real or not.

Those drums are nice, but what is the seller asking?

It would be a real incentive for me if the Starclassic Bubingas I was buying were manufactured in Japan.

Dennis

It would be a real incentive for me if the Starclassic Bubingas I was buying were manufactured in Japan.

Dennis

Really?
Oh and do you think that there is another drum set around this price i should check out
4.35 K Dollars tops.

Starclassic Bubingas are Starclassic Bubinga Elites. And they are made in Japan. Unless Tama has changed something, they should still be made in Japan (all their other lines are now made in China). But we had a big debate about this some time ago and it's agreed that Tama making drums either in China in Japan, there hasn't been a noticeable change in anything they make. It's still all good.

As far as the eBay thing goes, that's up to you if you want to deal that way, but not knowing what configuration kit it is, 2700 doesn't sound too bad considering a new 5-piece puts you in the 4500 range (I think).

I owned a Starclassic Elite Bubinga and just recently got the Starclassic birch/bubinga - and other than the fact that the Elites give you a wooden collar for the air vent hole, and a solid bubinga shell, they're both great drum lines. My Elites were finished on the inside whereas my B/B's were left bare wood. But they both sounded great with the Elites feeling a bit heavier. You definitely can't go wrong with either. The Elites you could grow old with.

Starclassic Bubingas are Starclassic Bubinga Elites. And they are made in Japan. Unless Tama has changed something, they should still be made in Japan (all their other lines are now made in China). But we had a big debate about this some time ago and it's agreed that Tama making drums either in China in Japan, there hasn't been a noticeable change in anything they make. It's still all good.

As far as the eBay thing goes, that's up to you if you want to deal that way, but not knowing what configuration kit it is, 2700 doesn't sound too bad considering a new 5-piece puts you in the 4500 range (I think).

I owned a Starclassic Elite Bubinga and just recently got the Starclassic birch/bubinga - and other than the fact that the Elites give you a wooden collar for the air vent hole, and a solid bubinga shell, they're both great drum lines. My Elites were finished on the inside whereas my B/B's were left bare wood. But they both sounded great with the Elites feeling a bit heavier. You definitely can't go wrong with either. The Elites you could grow old with.

Wow thanks , this comment really helped.
2700 is for 4Piece kit , i'll get a snare and cymbals from local shops. but i have to pay for the shipment too.
Why did you buy a a Starclassic B/B if you already had a Starclassic bubinga elite? i thought that the elite is in a higher level than the B/B...?
BTW Do you think that Tama starclassic bubinga elite is the best i can do with my money? or maybe there are more kits i should give a try to? my budget is like 4.3K Dollars for the set only (without cymbals)

2700 is for 4Piece kit , i'll get a snare and cymbals from local shops. but i have to pay for the shipment too.
Why did you buy a a Starclassic B/B if you already had a Starclassic bubinga elite? i thought that the elite is in a higher level than the B/B...?
BTW Do you think that Tama starclassic bubinga elite is the best i can do with my money? or maybe there are more kits i should give a try to? my budget is like 4.3K Dollars for the set only (without cymbals)

Maybe his taste in drums have changed? IIRC B/B Is Bubinga and Birch.

I was wanting a new color and sizes. And these b/b's came in a lacquered black oyster. Awesome. And I like high end drums, but they're not necessary. I play pretty well on anything I can get my hands on. These days when I go out for a job kits are provided so I hardly use my own drums anyway. My latest kit is a late 70s Ludwig Zep kit that I just love! But I will admit I've been eyeing these Drumcraft drums lately at my local shop.

Back