Fattest drummer?

Lol. Not sure what you're driving at here.

Gene Hoglan is the biggest (famous) guy I can think of.

I think that article got the numbers confused on Gene Hoglan. he was definitely more than 250 pounds. When I met him almost a year ago, he was still bigger than 210 pound me, and he had lost a lot of weight already by then.

Before:
genehoglangeneambo.jpg

After:
uoemexuxwzo1sk8eesc2.jpeg

I don't know about fattest drummer, but I think John Bonham, Bernard Purdie, and Steve Gadd have the phattest pockets.

I think eric moore has aaron spears beat. Why does it seem though all the big drummers are the best lol

Hooee ... another who'd be burning the air with speed if he shed a few dozen kilos. Shows how good these guys' fingers and wrists are.

Without getting all fussy about PC etc, I notice that there's an archetype of the Huge Black Drummer, where are the fat white players? They must knock off a lot of soft drinks and sugar and Maccas ... it's not as though they aren't active - quite the contrary!

The comments after this video are hilarious.
To me he's pretty good at replying to those comments. Also quite impressive how much weight he got rid of in just 2 years!! That's a stunning achievement, from Jabba the Hut to (underweight) Gammorrean Guard ;-) So that dude doesn't qualify as the fattest drummer any longer, haha.

I think eric moore has aaron spears beat. Why does it seem though all the big drummers are the best lol

Agreed, Thomas McCree's another big guy as well.

I think it has to do with a center of gravity thing. When you're a bigger guy you get to worry less about leaning into or over to a certain area of the kit. You're center of gravity is already pretty established, so you get to (if you can) send your hands, arms, and shoulders every which way.

Back