I found another gem!!

The R30 snare drum is awesome.....and the price is insanely low. I'm stoked for you that you were able to get such a deal. It's an heirloom IMO.

I found the Snakes and Arrows dw snare for a " good " price, but that is just insane. I'm also blown away at the sound of it.

Enjoy! I'm a bit jealous.

Yeah, I plan on keeping it in the snare collection! It's definitely an heirloom to be passed down to my eldest son! I love the sound of Edge snares and I can't wait to get it home and play it... I should have kept the first one I had.

Lovely drums and good deal.

And it was a responsible parental decison to purchase this on layaway.

About sending a kid to private-this and private-that while there are probably cheaper "public" options is a parental choice as well. Wise or foolish? I'll leave that up to the parent.

The pitfalls of layaway plans are well known (e.g. mostly used by lower income people who are financially gouged with this type of purchasing modality):

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2013/10/stayaway-from-layaway.html

I too am a parent but I put my daughter (and wife) first. She goes to a private school, takes karate (will be a black belt next year when she turns 10). She takes art and guitar lessons too. She is an A student with a bright future. She belongs to a private beach club. This year she visited Nepal twice, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Canada. She friends with a young sheik (Mohammad bin Sultan bin Zayed) and has play dates at his palace.

Here is his father's bio
http://cmc.ae/english/about_us.html

Now tell me about your kids and the bright future you are preparing for them.

I did buy something for myself when I was young like you ... I invested in my education and eventually earned my MBA and PhD. My sacrifice has paid dividends for me and my family. I did not make the rules up for financial and parental responsibility; I am only reporting them to someone who knows what I am saying is true but is easily offended.
The simple fact is that when you get your priorities right, good things follow; the converse is also true.

GJS

p.s. While I did make a judgement about you (and you have confirmed its accuracy), I have not resorted in name calling.

For all your hard-earned money, your hard work, and your privilage, the one thing you have apparently never learnt at any point throughout your life is how to show some class.

I'm sure this Arab Sheik would be really pleased to hear you discussing his son, and your daughter, on a public message board. I'm sure your daughter would be equally as impressed to know that her father uses her as a point scoring tool in your attempts to belittle other people. Well played.

And how on earth you can comment on other members of the board so personally, without even knowing about their personal circumstances, I can't quite calibrate.

Who in the hell do you think you are to issue judgements about other people anyway?

And here's something for you...name calling or not...the most offensive posts on this thread have been YOUR'S my friend.

You owe the OP an apology...you should, belatedly, show some humility and do so.

Disgraceful...you should be bloody ashamed !

Last edited:
Good for you man!! I bought a second snare last week and I wish I would've found a deal like that......What a steal!!

To the arab guy: You can go, kneel and kiss the sheik's feet because no one here cares one tiny bit about you or your daughter

Lovely drums and good deal.

And it was a responsible parental decison to purchase this on layaway.

About sending a kid to private-this and private-that while there are probably cheaper "public" options is a parental choice as well. Wise or foolish? I'll leave that up to the parent.

I also saw it as a responsible decision, and also as a good way to hold the drums from someone else getting the deals. Also my son goes to a blue ribbon school with test results on par with the private schools in the area and I felt that private school in this elementary stage wasn't necessary.

For all your hard-earned money, your hard work, and your privilage, the one thing you have apparently never learnt at any point throughout your life is how to show some class.

I'm sure this Arab Sheik would be really pleased to hear you discussing his son, and your daughter, on a public message board. I'm sure your daughter would be equally as impressed to know that her father uses her as a point scoring tool in your attempts to belittle other people. Well played.

And how on earth you can comment on other members of the board so personally, without even knowing about their personal circumstances, I can't quite calibrate.

Who in the hell do you think you are to issue judgements about other people anyway?

And here's something for you...name calling or not...the most offensive posts on this thread have been YOUR'S my friend.

You owe the OP an apology...you should, belatedly, show some humility and do so.

Disgraceful...you should be bloody ashamed !

Well put!... but I wouldn't hold my breath lol

Good for you man!! I bought a second snare last week and I wish I would've found a deal like that......What a steal!!

To the arab guy: You can go, kneel and kiss the sheik's feet because no one here cares one tiny bit about you or your daughter

I bought two of these snares home last night and they sound superb! I traded in 4 snares so I wouldn't have to spend any money, which was probably irresponsible too (Even though I got more than what I was looking for on them and I only paid $76 out of pocket). I am so glad I got these snares, whether I "irresponsibly had my priorities out of order" or not! lol

I bought home the DW Jazz series 5x14 and the DW 6x12 Edge snares!... Pics Coming soon!

Last edited:
Yesterday I traded in some snares and brought 2 of the 3 DW snares I had on layaway home! Now I've got to bring home the DW 6x14 Starman Edge R30! They both sound amazing!

-5x14 DW Jazz Series in Tobacco finish over cherry veneer
-6x12 DW Edge

20131210_135847_zpsa7258bcd.jpg
[/URL]

[URL=http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Dirtysticks/media/20131210_140210_zps738505a5.jpg.html]

Please do not orphan the Starman R30!?!

....We have a wonderful home here where it can be around others of it's kind...we provide regular counseling and *LOTS* of activity. It will have it's own place here and will be treated with love and care!

lol

yes, i'm an NP fan slighly

Wow! I can't imagine finding a DW drum in any local pawn shop, much less an Edge (two!) for a stupid low price. I hate to think what they must've given the former owner for them.
It probably goes without saying, but don't forget to post pics after you remove that white paint.

I couldn't believe my when I saw the first one which was a DW Jazz Series snare in brand new looking condition. Imagine my surprise when I found the 2 edges, and then the Acoustic EQ!! The guy pawned them and had planned to get them back out (Which is what they told me), so he probably got about half what they sold for. That would make me sick to my stomach!

I'll definitely post pics when I get that white paint off.

Dude, those pictures are the bomb-diggty-tay!

Thanks. I need to take some more and I will when I get the Acoustic EQ and the R30 home!

Please do not orphan the Starman R30!?!

....We have a wonderful home here where it can be around others of it's kind...we provide regular counseling and *LOTS* of activity. It will have it's own place here and will be treated with love and care!

lol

yes, i'm an NP fan slighly

Don't worry... That R30 isn't gonna leave my snare collection!

Loving that tobacco lacquer on the Jazz series.

The Edge snare to me would have been perfect if the chrome and tension rods were black coated to completely "Stormtrooper" it out.

Back