Favorite LOW Throne

Skulmoski

Gold Member
I am in the market for a pro quality, low throne for my 3 conga set up. I am looking for an 18" height throne measured from the top of the seat to the floor. What's your favorite and why? Round, tractor seat or hybrid?

Take care and thanks in advance.

GJS

From what I have heard DW make nice thrones. I cannot say I am particularly happy with my Tama throne...

I am in the market for a pro quality, low throne for my 3 conga set up. I am looking for an 18" height throne measured from the top of the seat to the floor. What's your favorite and why? Round, tractor seat or hybrid?

Take care and thanks in advance.

GJS

DW Low is almost mandatory if you have short legs or a long trunk. The regular ones have
3" memory locks which keep them from going all the way down.

Nice thing with a short throne is that it can always go higher. A regular can't always go lower. I find sitting lower helps me stay faster on the pedals, as well.

Nice thing with a short throne is that it can always go higher. A regular can't always go lower. I find sitting lower helps me stay faster on the pedals, as well.

To a certain degree. With short thrones the center post is also shorter along with the legs, so they'll never go as high as a regular throne. I use a shorter throne when I play my kit with a 20" bass drum. That throne doesn't quit get tall enough when I'm playing over a 22" bass drum because of the rack tom placements.

Dennis

DW Low is almost mandatory if you have short legs or a long trunk. The regular ones have
3" memory locks which keep them from going all the way down.

Last year I picked up the DW 9101 Low Throne and I have been quite satisfied with it ever since. I do like a firm seat (who doesn't!) and its rock solid performance. It's a heavy piece of equipment which might put off some people, but that is a plus in my books.

GJS

Back