My Ludwig Classic Maple Adventure - Round 3

From the sounds of things, they will probably ship one of the Ludwig Executives in your bass drum to help you tune them. I'm so EXCITED for you!

On the first image, notice that the order sheet says "Rush" and is flagged for extra special Quality Control. Way to go, Shane! I definitely earned it.

Wow! They look amazing. Congrats.

Shouldn't all orders be "flagged for extra special Quality Control".

Will you post video or sound file so we can here these baby's.

All the best,
-r

Wow! They look amazing. Congrats.

Shouldn't all orders be "flagged for extra special Quality Control".

Will you post video or sound file so we can here these baby's.

All the best,
-r

One would think, eh? I think it's an effort to appease Shane and I, after having gone through some trouble previously. The "extra" QC involved having several execs and the plant manager inspect them personally...several unusual layers of QC, since I've had really bad luck so far.

Will post plenty of sound files going forward, for sure.

I just got an email from Shane. Apparently they were completely finished last week and ready to ship...but they were held behind and disassembled so all of the execs could inspect them personally, and the plant manager could give the "OK" to ship them.

They completed my SEVEN shells in THREE weeks and they're perfect! If you're looking for custom American-made drums (with the best sound), keep this in mind.

They ship out early next week. W00T!

Wow, looks like they're really takin' good care of you. The set is looking absolutely fantastic, looking forward to hearing it.

Fresh out of the box! I picked them up early this morning. I'm not going to say anything other than, "so far so good". I'm not going to tempt fate. I'm not sure the curse has been lifted yet. :p

Attachments

• DSC03892.jpg
    DSC03892.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 933
  • DSC03899.jpg
    DSC03899.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 1,027
  • DSC03895.jpg
    DSC03895.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 1,002
Absolutely stunning. coming from a Gretsch guy I am very jealous of the new tubs. Can't wait to see them set up. Good pick Zam.

(Spoken with enthusiasm, ala Eddie Murphy) It's a happy, happy day....

Lots of new pics! I setup and tuned up last night and this morning...and finally got to lay it down for a couple of hours today.

The 24" is complete mayhem. It's unbelievably loud and fat. For the first time I had to crank my iPod up to hear while playing along! The 20" is amazingly powerful for its size, too.

All the drums sound amazing and both Ludwig and Shane (Just Drums) knocked it out of the park. Very happy!

Ludwigs were my first pro set back in the mid-70's. Your's look even better! Congrats to you and all those who helped make your dream come true. I am happy that this community and its exchange of information can help to improve customer service and quality. I have bookmarkded Shane's URL for future reference/purchases.

Now get drummin'!

GJS

What a classy drum kit Zam. I want your 6.5 BB....

May the rhythms that eminate from your new drum kit bring you many sexual partners.

Zam,

What can I say AGAIN; you have got another gorgeous kit (S) on your hands and cannot wait to hear some of the clips when you get them posted! Gorgeous kit bro; glad for ya once again!

JIM

Very, very cool, that you finally got your dream drums. They look sweet.

Back