Aquarian

It has to do with endorsements and such. Remo and Evans spend a lot of money on equipping their endorsees with drum heads and gear in general, so they can use them when they perform so Remo and Evans can sell a lot of drum heads. $$$

On the Flipside Aquarian does not allocate as big a budget for advertising (endorsees) as does remo and evans. From what I know they pour a lot of money into R & D.
correct me if im wrong

Here's my response from the last time you asked the exact same question. It sums up my feelings just as well now as it did five months ago.

Winston_Wolf said:
I think if Aquarian were in more stores more people would give them a try.

But Remo and Evans have been around for so long and have built such a strong reputation it's pretty hard to go against the grain, especially when you can't walk into a store and grab a head or two from another brand. None of the three stores in my town carry anything other than Evans and Remo.

I think if you're interested in trying Aquarian, just go for it and buy a few heads. It's really the only way you'll ever know for sure if they are what you're looking for.

And if you find a head you really like, it really doesn't matter who else is playing that brand, just that you found something good for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmsdn
If I got them for free, I'd probably use Evans or Remo. Reality is, I pay for my heads and want the highest quality for my money, so I use Aquarian.

Same here.

Although, I don't think I would use Remo even if they did pay me. I'm not a fan of their coatings or customer service.

Same here too.

I use Evans on the Snare and 10" Tom. Aquarians on the 12, 14, 16 & BD.
veggo32 is correct regarding their R & D and quality.

I'm not a famous or endorsed drummer - but I want quality heads and tone. I follow the tone and quality. Not the drummer.
Not a Remo fan.

Well I took the plunge and replaced my heads, and decided to try the Aquarian. I went with the clear response 2 over clears instead of doing the usual remo thing. I gotta tell you I'm quite impressed, these heads sing, easy to tune and sound great, and at half the price as the remo's.
I recommend these heads highly..

Well I took the plunge and replaced my heads, and decided to try the Aquarian. I went with the clear response 2 over clears instead of doing the usual remo thing. I gotta tell you I'm quite impressed, these heads sing, easy to tune and sound great, and at half the price as the remo's.
I recommend these heads highly..

The response 2's make the toms sound sweet, especially 14"+

The response 2's make the toms sound sweet, especially 14"+

Yeah man, I have always been a coated emperor type of guy, still am I guess. However I needed to get a second kit for our rehearsal space because I didn't want to leave my Sonor S Classix there, I'd be paranoid. Anyways got a sweet sounding Birch Pearl Visions kit that I can beat up on and not worry about (get this for $300) with hardware. Things are a yr old and never left the guys place. Anyways was looking to spend as little as possible so I went with the Aquarian heads because they are half the price as the Remo's SK 2 on the bass, and the Response clears on the toms with the Clears on the reso.. Guys these are awesome, and I'll bet they last twice as long as the coated remo's.
Anyways minus the cymbals which I'll just bring and my Supra, I'm into this second kit with about $350 all together.

Not bad

to me - or at least in my experiances, remo heads biggest flaw is that their coating lasts about 1 hour.... on the evans side a bit of a difference the actually tone of the skin doesn't last very long..

with aquarian skins i've found a happy answer. coating lasts about 3 weeks on my snares, and tone lasts ages!

3 weeks!!!? Evans coating lastes for ever. The tone doesn't last as long, but I am willing to change my heads out every 2-3 months. Nothing like new heads. Its like new socks!

i never mentioned about evans coating. i have little to no experiance with coated evans heads. i've used clear ec2's which tone disappeared rather fast in comparison to my aquarians.

i mean the initial coating on my snare drum, you know the thing i hit probably about 5,000 + times a day lol (inbetween 2 and 9 hrs a day)

I know. I just thought Id mention that Evans coating last for ages, unlink Remo. Hence, I use Evans. I though Remo's coating would have been fixed by now, that's all...

Aquarian has been around for over thirty years now. There is no excuse for them not to be able to lure the big name artist. I have talked to Roy Burns several times and discussed this. I believe if that if it were my company, heads would roll if I hadnt had several big name artist by now. There are several factors that are to blame for this. I played Aquarian heads for a brief period. They def do have their sound but there were so many other issues that were going on with the company at that time. I find it hard to believe that after all these years it is still impossible to find aquarian heads at my local music store.

I like Evans and Aquarian a lot... Hate remo heads... Just haven't had good luck getting the sounds I want from them.

Back