Gig tomorrow, Help please?

NickDrums

Yeah so gig is tomorrow, I think it's a hardwood floor, and I don't have the money to buy something to put under my set so it doesn't slide so, does anyone have any suggestions? I heard it's good to put something heavy in front of your bass drum. I have some carpet... Help. Thanks.

Carpet is about the best you can do at this point. Usually though, when I'm confronted with a hardwood floor, the spikes in my bass drum pedal come out! Dig 'em in and that drum ain't goin' nowhere....I'm sure the owner of the venue wouldn't mind....

I've never had to put anything in front of my bass. Use a piece of carpet that is big enough you can get your bass and throne to sit on, your weight will keep the carpet in place on the throne, put the spike side of your bass spurs down into the carpet and you should be good to go.

Usually though, when I'm confronted with a hardwood floor, the spikes in my bass drum pedal come out! Dig 'em in and that drum ain't goin' nowhere....I'm sure the owner of the venue wouldn't mind....

I used to do this one. "Dig 'em in" alright......I'd take the rubber stoppers right off and bury the spikes.

I must admit though, I never gave a seconds thought to what the venue owner would have thought :)

I used to do this one. "Dig 'em in" alright......I'd take the rubber stoppers right off and bury the spikes.

I must admit though, I never gave a seconds thought to what the venue owner would have thought :)
What you want to persuade them to think is, "Hmmm, maybe this floor is not a good idea for drummers". ;-)

Hmmm, Nick says he thinks it's a hardwood floor. If it's good stuff, the spikes may not do the trick. Good advice from Konaboy on the piece of carpet between the kick & throne. If all else fails, get a roll of good duct tape. Put a 6" long patch, several layers thick (approx 10) under each kick drum spur. Stick 'em to the floor and let the spur spikes bite into that. Same under the kick drum pedal if you can. I once played on a glass stage & forgot my drum mat. Did the job for me.

I hope this isn't too late...

If you want/need a carpet cheaply and quickly, you might find a good deal on a remnant from a local carpet store. I used to have one that cost me all of $10.
I now use a rug that I found on sale for $20.

Love the avatar Brady hahahahaha!

If all else fails and you can't get a rug/carpet take the floor mats out of your car and put them under the bass drum spike. Works great.

Super glue your bass drum and pedal to the floor, twist off when done. 4 pack of super glue can be had for $1

... or rope it

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 152
go out to the industrial part(s) of your town and find a couple concrete bricks or heavy rocks. you can put those wrapped in towels in front of your kick or if you're going to mic it, put them in front of the kickdrum spurs so that the drum won't move forward. all for free mang...

go out to the industrial part(s) of your town and find a couple concrete bricks or heavy rocks.

This is a good one.

Can you see yourself carrying big rocks up 3 flights of stairs to a gig?

Rope to the stool is too easy.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 126
Carpets from carpet stortes, do not work for me on hard floors.

Took the advice of carpet from here on the forum, all that happened was me and my whole drum kit moved, quite funny really, no really, it was funny, i find to tie my throne to the bass drum works well, if my bass drum wants to move, then it has to drag 16 stone with it as well.

I had this problem once, my parents were out all day so I took our living room carpet, did the job, as pissed as they were when they saw it wasnt thier. D:

Back