Gibraltar bass drum cymbal mount?

i dont know if this is the proper term, but my Ludwig bass drum cymbal mount has the tilter with the tooth style, it allways seems to angle the cymbal to much or not enuff.
looking at the Gibraltar or DW.

The DW mount is probably one of the most expensive, but it is also one of the better built and adjustable bass drum cymbal mounts out there. They incorporate the toothless tilter and also come in two different adjustable heights with memory locks. Shown here is the shorter of the two.

DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Dennis

Dennis, could you measure how tall you short DW is?

I actually have both the shorter and longer mounts because I wasn't sure what height would be better in my particular situation. I like my ride cymbals a bit higher than most people. I find that I can accent them more easily where they are set, if maybe even a bit higher.

The short mount in the photo is set at 18" or 46 cm above the mount. It can be adjusted up another 2" or 5 cm more. On the other hand it can be collapsed another 5" or about 13 cm below where it is sitting now. These measurements are from the bass drum's mount to the inside center of the cymbal's bell. So the total range is from about 13" (33 cm) to about 20" (51 cm).

I hope I got the metric conversion accurate if that's what you use.

Dennis

That Tama Starclassic you have to the left of your DW kit looks exactly like mine. Is that a B/B Dark Mocha Fade?

No, it's a Japan manufactured Tama Starclassic Bubinga set of drums in "scorched copper burst" with black nickle hardware. I believe that the finish was discontinued when most of Tamas Starclassic drums went to China for production around 2009 or 2010. I bought these about this time of year in 2008.

I do like the looks of the Dark Mocha Fade though.

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Dennis

Back