Favourite Female Vocalists

Lots of votes for KD, not that it's a poll but it's interesting to see that so many people love her voice.

Another female vocalist who I really enjoy is Tori Amos, that Slayer cover she did is one of the creepiest songs I've ever heard.

Joan Jett
Joan Baez
Bonnie Tyler
Wendy O.Williams
Monserrat Caballe

I'll add:

Mariah Carey
&
Colbie Caillat

Last edited:
alison mosshart. great powerful singer not bad to look at

In no particular order:

PJ Harvey
Joan Jett
Kristen Hersh (Solo & Throwing Muses) great lyricist, too!
Chan Marshall
Sade (this woman does not age!)
Lauryn Hill
Ella Fitzgerald
Mary J. Blige (I think she is quite underrated and has a phenomenal voice!)

In no particular order:

PJ Harvey
Joan Jett
Kristen Hersh (Solo & Throwing Muses) great lyricist, too!
Chan Marshall
Sade (this woman does not age!)
Lauryn Hill
Ella Fitzgerald
Mary J. Blige (I think she is quite underrated and has a phenomenal voice!)
I'm glade that you decided to join Polly to help provide a woman's voice to all of this.
Yes, Sade, truly ageless!

I don't know about being a heart warming singer but Otep has definatly got to be my favorite. Her voice is incredibly powerful that I wouldn't expect from a girl of her stature and her poetry is very dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLnDUPmP4s&a=V7NgooD893s&playnext_from=ML

As for heart warming singers, Tracy Chapman is my favorite. Fast Car is very well sung (although I didn't if she was a dude or girl for awhile).

And no one here likes Carole King?
The first time that I made love it was to the music of Carole King!
I know, Too much information!
Try to drink that image out of your minds, There isn't enough booze in the world!

I don't know about being a heart warming singer but Otep has definatly got to be my favorite. Her voice is incredibly powerful that I wouldn't expect from a girl of her stature and her poetry is very dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLnDUPmP4s&a=V7NgooD893s&playnext_from=ML

As for heart warming singers, Tracy Chapman is my favorite. Fast Car is very well sung (although I didn't if she was a dude or girl for awhile).
I have to play that song at a gig every two weeks. I may kill myself the next time, Ahh, but the money is good! Chapman, I mean LOL!

Back