Small snare drums

if i remember pearl made a mike mangini sig snare that was either 8x8 or 10x8 really nice and snappy lil bugger, but they wanted over 600 canadian for it.

To answer the original posters question: Here is my Buffalo Kit made from Remo Buffalo drums. The snare is the 8 inch shell you see right by the hi-hat. The shell is 3.5 inches deep. There is no hardware and no resonant head. The sound is really dry. I converted this shell to a snare by cutting a set of 14" snare wires down to about 6 inches and then screwed them into the shell. The snare wires fan out across the inside of the head. It's a full time snare as there is no throw off. The tiny snare sounds like a hip-hop snare, almost like a drum amchine snare sound. It's very cool and very light (maybe a half pound?).

Attachments

• buffalo_kit.jpg
    buffalo_kit.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 3,336
To answer the original posters question: Here is my Buffalo Kit made from Remo Buffalo drums. The snare is the 8 inch shell you see right by the hi-hat. The shell is 3.5 inches deep. There is no hardware and no resonant head. The sound is really dry. I converted this shell to a snare by cutting a set of 14" snare wires down to about 6 inches and then screwed them into the shell. The snare wires fan out across the inside of the head. It's a full time snare as there is no throw off. The tiny snare sounds like a hip-hop snare, almost like a drum amchine snare sound. It's very cool and very light (maybe a half pound?).

How stable is this kit?

Surely it must hold up since you can play it, but it looks fragile!

Yamaha made an oak Musashi 10X5.5 which is pretty small, but a formidable tub. The thing really delivers.

How stable is this kit?

Surely it must hold up since you can play it, but it looks fragile!

Sparkboss: Sorry, I didn't see your question for almost a year.... It is extremely stable. I recently had a nice wooden cradle built for the bass that makes the bass a lot more stable. Everything else is rock solid. The drums weigh nothing at all, so they sit quite securely in a snare basket.

Back