My new double pedal - Axis A-L2CB

scorch whammin

Gold Member
Decided to try out the Axis longboards (and of course the direct drive) ...sold one of my 9002's to get it..after spending a few days with it and getting the adjustments sorted out, I definitely think I'm gonna like this pedal...anyway here's some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Cool. I've never tried Axis yet - our music store doesn't have them and I slipped the chance to check them at the Musikmesse (Germany). Next time...

Out of curiosity:
- How long have you been playing the drums?
- What's your 16th note uptempo range with doublebass?

Out of curiosity:
- How long have you been playing the drums?
- What's your 16th note uptempo range with doublebass?

- More years than I care to remember...lol..on and off about 25-30 yrs.
- Not fast enough..lol..seriouisly though, I'm not sure...I've never timed myself..I guess that's something I may need to do....The music I play live (christian rock at church) doesn't really call for doublebass, so any doublebass stuff I do is generally at home while practicing...

(...)..seriouisly though, I'm not sure...I've never timed myself..
Hahaha! You know what, I received a similar reply from Todd Sucherman's thread - he wasn't able to tell me any bpm either - he doesn't care, no need to find out for him. I'm taking this as a mature answer though! Dumb question, haha.

Congrats on your Axis pedals! I'd wish to have some myself. Even with my beginner pedal I'm learning that it's the player not the pedal. So I'm focusing on working on the player, haha. (To get a decent pedal in the future... yummy.)

Even with my beginner pedal I'm learning that it's the player not the pedal. So I'm focusing on working on the player, haha. (To get a decent pedal in the future... yummy.)

That is true...look back at some of the great drummers in the past...they were able to get fast using pedals, that by today's standards probably would be considered middle of the road stuff at best...no pedal plays itself...:)

Back