Pat Petrillo here!

Re: P4 Practice Pad Now Available !

Wuzzup Pat!

I'll be getting one next year!
My wife says "HI".

Andrew

Yes, I got mine from his website and it took about 2 weeks to arrive; well worth the wait!

Someone here on the forum suggested your Hands Grooves and Fills dvd as a good instructional method for someone starting out. I checked out the youtube clips, and your approach just seemed to speak to me. Your very fluid and relaxed motion plus insistance that the stick do the work is just the thing I want to incorporate into my playing from the beginning.

Anyway, I just ordered it and I'm really looking forward to getting to work on it.

Hi, Scott

That's great ! It will help you with Rudiments & Hand Technique, as well as give you grooves to work on with playalongs.

Please let me know how you like it, and good luck!

All the Best

Nutha

AWESOME!! It can apply to feet, too, thats for sure!

Have you dug into the rest of the Book/DVD yet? Grooves, Fills??

Simon Mellish is working on a UK tour in March. Can you help in anyway?

I will PM you shortly

Glad you are enjoying "H,G & F"!

Pat

to quote bilbo baggins: lately i feel like butter spread over too many slices of bread.

i'm sitting my grade 8 exam in drumming in february so i dedicate a lot of my time to preparing for that. plus my band keeps adding new songs to the list while at the same time i'm trying to keep a lot of the stuff i was working on before i decided to get the qualification going. basically i've got way too much material and good intentions. i have given the whole book a glance and the dvd and i am excited at the prospect of giving it the time it deserves early next year but right now i use only parts of it as a warm up in the morning before i attack the bulk of the day's practice.

how can i help Simon Mellish? let me know.

j

Pat, that looks great. I'm going to try one out and I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for letting us know about this.

is it P4 for the Pat Petrillo Practice Pad? Plus the 4 surfaces?

Hey Pat.

Could I ask, when you say, for examle, a five stroke roll connecting does that mean four strokes ( rr ll ) with the fifth ( r ) actually becoming the first beat of the following rudiment?
Thanks.

Hey Pat.

Could I ask, when you say, for examle, a five stroke roll connecting does that mean four strokes ( rr ll ) with the fifth ( r ) actually becoming the first beat of the following rudiment?
Thanks.

EXACTLY!!!

Let me know how it's working for you!

Dan

Looks like you are having fun..!

People have been ordering the P4 from the site for the Christmas rush!

Signed, first run pads are still available...

Pat

EXACTLY!!!

Let me know how it's working for you!

You know that feeling when your learning any real skill and, to coin a phrase, the penny finally drops? The lights go on and you can see the signposts much clearer? Well that's what your teaching package has done for me after more years than I care to remember. I've studied stuff by the likes of Thomas Lang and Dave Weckl and, whilst admiring their vast talent, I've walked away scratching my head and thinking what the heck was that. My wife is a teacher and insists that some people do and some teach. Well luckily for drummers young and old you know how to do both. All I can say is Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know that feeling when your learning any real skill and, to coin a phrase, the penny finally drops? The lights go on and you can see the signposts much clearer? Well that's what your teaching package has done for me after more years than I care to remember. I've studied stuff by the likes of Thomas Lang and Dave Weckl and, whilst admiring their vast talent, I've walked away scratching my head and thinking what the heck was that. My wife is a teacher and insists that some people do and some teach. Well luckily for drummers young and old you know how to do both. All I can say is Thank You!

Very well put....I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently had the pleasure of seeing your stuff for the first time, and WOW! I was looking on the S-Hoops site, as I've been extremely interested in them recently, and I came across your video on there. After seeing that, I just had to see others! I watched a lot of it on youtube, and it just blew me away! I'm definitely picking up your dvd thingy soon. Are you going to be doing any clinics around the Tri-State area in the near future? (PA,NJ,DE) I would really love to check one of those out! Keep up the great work!!
Josh

Josh

I will be doing a "Day of Percussion" clinic at Scotch Plains High School in February. Check my page on MySpace for details !...

Pat

PyWacket

That means alot to me! I am first and foremost a drummer, but I love teaching and doing clinics, and I have been doing it a long time. I like to get to the heart of what most drummers need. I feel like "Hands, Grooves, & Fills" is not about ME...it's about YOU, and how I can help you all achieve results and become better players.

Anyway, glad you like it, and keep in touch.

All the Best
Pat

Hello Pat,

I have been a fan of your playing for a while now. I originally heard of you through some of your fellow DCI pals Dennis Delucia, Matt Savage, Jay Webb, etc. I worked with them through my own DCI years.

Anyway, I wanted to share a transcription I made of your playing.

I posted it in the Technique thread here:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33898

Thanks for the inspiration, and I want to pick up your dvd/book package soon!

I am sure it will be great for myself and my students!

Terry

WOW...somebody call the Note Police ! :)

Terry, what an amazing job you did. I am flattered that you took the time to transcribe the solo.

It must have been quite a time consuming effort, and I thank you very much for doing it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I guess the next thing would be to see if you could transcribe the solo at the end of the DVD...(NOT) !

All the Best!

Back