Ableton Suite setup.

Blake

I just want to make sure my setup thinking is correct.I'm going to purchase this program and the gear to match.So far my list is such.
Macbook,Ableton Suite program,triggers for all drums,a firepod and a mixer.Basically what i'm looking to do is setup each drum for a particular sound i'm looking for.I'm trying to understand how the setup will actually lay out.Triggers plug into firepod,out of the firepod into Macbook,out of the Macbook into the mixer,out of the mixer to the house mixer.Am i missing anything?

Hold off on the mixer. The one in Ableton will suffice and firstly, it will save you money and secondly, hold off on the complications. Run Ableton into the outputs into the FirePod (If I remember correctly, the FirePod has eight) and then send those to the FOH desk. Use the mixer in Ableton and keep your signal chain short.

So.

Triggers - FirePod Inputs - Ableton - FirePod Outputs (these will be available as an option on the Ableton channel strip) - FOH Mixer - PA.

Okay got it,triggers to firepod inputs,out of firepod into Macbook via firewire,out of Macbook back to firepod via firewire,out of firepod via 1/4" jack to front of house mix.

Is there anyone out there that's uses a program like this to accent their acoustic set?

Back