Does anyone play video games?

I am gonna pick Portal 2 one of these days and as it seems it is gonna be awesome.
Well my favourite games (some that weren't mentioned....weird):
Legend of Zelda N64 -Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask
Super Smash Bros- all of them
Pokemon-especially the old ones
Dota and now Heroes of Newerth
World of Warcraft-The burning crusade
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
Nice collection Cameo.
Do I see a Mario Kart Double Dash and Super Mario Sunshine there?

I'd still buy one, the dust will settle and I have faith that things will return to normal better then ever. Sony is a huge company, one that doesn't just produce games consoles, the upcoming NGP alone in the Japanese market is guaranteed to fill the coffers and cover the compensation over the debacle. It's a fantastic console with fantastic games, the fact PSN was compromised doesn't change that. The same thing will happen to Steam or XBLA at some point, it just happened to hit PSN first. We're moving into a digital age and it has issues, these services didn't exist five years ago. After saying that, I'm still very angry that it has and I'm in no way sucking at the teat of the big corporation. I'll gladly take my pound of flesh if it is due.

To be honest what put me off at the time was about 1/4 of the ones that were being sold on e-bay were being sold as "spares or repair"...

To be honest what put me off at the time was about 1/4 of the ones that were being sold on e-bay were being sold as "spares or repair"...

They are pretty reliable as far as consoles go, all the current gen consoles are not quite as stable as the previous ones due to the fact they're dealing with multiple core processors, have larger cooling requirements and deal with a lot more data. The Playstation is less likely to pack up then the XBOX360. I'm guessing you've heard of the infamous red rings of death? I've had my PS3 for four years now and while I've heard second hand stories, out of the dozens of people I know with one not a single one has a packed it in.

They are pretty reliable as far as consoles go, all the current gen consoles are not quite as stable as the previous ones due to the fact they're dealing with multiple core processors, have larger cooling requirements and deal with a lot more data....

so does my computer, but it's been working perfectly well for over 3 years now...

so does my computer, but it's been working perfectly well for over 3 years now...

99% or more of consoles do work fine. I've seen plenty of computers with blown power supplies or failed chipsets. If anything the gaming consoles are more reliable as they don't deal with all the software related problems.

99% or more of consoles do work fine. I've seen plenty of computers with blown power supplies or failed chipsets. If anything the gaming consoles are more reliable as they don't deal with all the software related problems.

A blown power supply doesn't require you to take it back to the service centre to get it fixed or just replace the whole thing, neither does having a software problem. 99% of the consoles may work fine but if you think of how many units they shift then that 1% is going to be a lot of dissatisfied customers. AFAIC I'd much rather not take the risk of ending up with a problem that i can't fix.

I haven't gotten a game for my wii in a while, and I think I might get a new game. There's only been about 5 titles that I've really liked for the wii. Monster hunter tri was a big disappointment for me, as was twilight princess, and the conduit.

Anyway there's a few that I had in mind...

Metroid Prime Trilogy. I played through corruption, one of my favoite games of all time. I kinda want to get trilogy just for metroid 1 and the multiplayer on echoes.

Donkey Kong Country Returns. I've always loved platformers, and loved the first donkey kong country. Looks challenging too, should be some good fun.

Sin & punishment: star sucessor. Im usually not a fan of rail type shooters, but this one actually looked really good. Its not really a rail either considering you can move your character. I heard it was very hard though, and im not very good at rail shooters so a bit worried there.

Super Paper Mario. Never got a chance to play this, looks like a cool idea, but looks a bit slow paced, and too repetetive.

Goldeneye 007. Remake of the original goldeneye 13 years ago. Looks great, a lengthy story mode and online multiplayer.

Red steel 2. I was hesitant to get this because i heard about control issues, and no split screen like the first red steel though. Reconsidering though, because ive always liked the red steel series.

Anyone played any of these 6? Which should i get?

To anyone wondering if Portal 2 is a worth while purchase, let me just say this. If I was required to testify on a court case determining whether or not Video Games are art, and I had to bring just one piece of evidence, there is very little doubt in my mind that I would bring Portal 2.

It took me about 7 hours to beat the single player campaign but I've logged at least another 7-8 going back through the game to look for little tid-bits I missed and to appreciate the visual design of some of the games grander scenes. Its exam time right now but as soon as those finish a friend and I will be back into the coop campaign, which we are about half way through as of now.

In summary, If you are like me and you only play a few games a year, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you should buy Portal 2, and if you haven't already, buy the first one, the story is actually one of my favorite parts of this game, which is exceedingly rare for a puzzle game. But then again, Portal is not like any other puzzle game you've played before.

Any other retro gamers here? NES, SNES, N64 kinda deal? I'm a big fan of the older platformers and RPGs. Super Mario RPG is definately one of the best games I've ever played.

back to playin TES Morrowind and Oblivion. Can't wait for skyrim

I've started playing Morrowind again. I never could get into Oblivion - I think it's the fact that the NPC's level up with you. I prefer them to be fixed so that there are parts of the map I just can't go to for a while.

Alex - I love Bomberman and I own a PSone and an N64.

I've been playing Red Faction for quite a while on my Xbox 360. Too addictive.
I bought this for five quid the other day.

Not the biggest gamer but I like ones that make you think. Fun subject, haha.

I've started playing Morrowind again. I never could get into Oblivion - I think it's the fact that the NPC's level up with you. I prefer them to be fixed so that there are parts of the map I just can't go to for a while.

i probably like oblivion more because i played that first. When you get to a high enough level in morrowind you can basically beat anything easily enough. The dark brotherhood and thieves guild are my favourite parts in oblivion

I just bought the new Call of Duty. It is such an awesome game. I find myself playing it more and more on my LCD HDTV. It is nice to have some time to myself though, just need to figure out how to balance.

Just got Starcraft II and it's great.
Very basic gameplay, but still challenging, especially on very hard and online.
It's almost too simple, and it lacks the complexity and bits of rpg that warcraft III had (no spells, no items, no heroes), so that's a bit of a disappointment. However it makes up for this with the outstanding story, cutscenes, graphic quality, and a brilliant online achievement/ranking system. A must own for RTS players.
Overall I'd have to say I liked Warcraft III and the expansion a little bit better, but that's my favorite game of all time and SC2 probably falls in second or third.

Back